Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope everyone here has a happy New Year

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 2:34 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
Anyone doing anything fun or have resolutions?

We are going to the beach for fireworks. Will be chilly compared to last year. Last ywar it was in the 60s at midnight. May be around 55 this year.

I want to eat better again and lose weight again and this time not fall off the wagon and make it a permanent life style change.
by on Dec. 30, 2017 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
fantasticfour
by Grumpy on Dec. 30, 2017 at 2:54 PM

This year is the first year I won't be inviting anyone over for new years.  My daughter's are still inviting people over, but hubby and I will be sitting in the family room alone enjoying life.

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Dec. 30, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Mobile Photo

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2017 at 10:25 PM

May each of you and yours have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It's supposed to be 19 here at midnight with a wind chill of 7. Wish I were with you in south FLORIDA!!!!

Oldest daughter, SIL, and the three teen granddaughters, along with SILs parents and other reletives are driving to Taos NM for skiing at his grandparents cabin as they do each year during the week after Christmas. This is another first for our new granddaughters. It may be warmer there than here.

One granddaughter is bringing a "friend" from band as a guest. He is just shy of 17 and is a decade older than his younger siblings, both of his parents have BS and JD degrees from SMU, so our couples figured his parents were late forty somethings.

Three weeks ago, while hubby and I were down in Florida with the little grandsons before the couples and granddaughters joined us, both of our couples and this boy's parents met for dinner.  The boy's parents are 33 and 35. The mom does support work from home in order for the dad to have family time, which is one reason that our daughters went to law school with the guys.

Youngest couple, grandsons, hubby and I will be hosting the boy's parents, little siblings, grandparents, along with other family and friends for lunch at our home on the New Year's Day.

awbredux
by Allie on Dec. 31, 2017 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

And you, too! 
We're at my parents'.  Both my sisters and their families are here also.  We are a close family and enjoy our time together.  My older sister has a son a year older than my older daughter and a daughter the age of my young daughter.   They are almost like siblings.   They also enjoy my younger sister's kids, because they are younger and I think appeal to their maternal instincts.  We will celebrate together at home.   As I said in another group, there will be a lot of kissing at midnight.  The adults will toast the New Year with champagne, and the kids with sparkling grape juice.  

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2017 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not sure how I feel yet. Well at the moment I have a buzz from champagne, lol. My 18 year old daughter will be getting engaged tonight. Her boyfriend is a Marine and home from boot camp. They have been together for over 2 years. They really are amazing together, better than most 30 year olds I know.
She spent 3 days in hospital because of a bad kidney infection and UTI. She has another blockage in her right kidney. She's already had 2 surgeries to correct the problem, which obviously didn't work...ugh!
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
When's the wedding? Sounds exciting! May GOD protect and bless them both as one!

Hope the best for the medical issues.

Quoting zacmacsmomm: I'm not sure how I feel yet. Well at the moment I have a buzz from champagne, lol. My 18 year old daughter will be getting engaged tonight. Her boyfriend is a Marine and home from boot camp. They have been together for over 2 years. They really are amazing together, better than most 30 year olds I know.
She spent 3 days in hospital because of a bad kidney infection and UTI. She has another blockage in her right kidney. She's already had 2 surgeries to correct the problem, which obviously didn't work...ugh!
zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 1:36 AM
Thank you. I have mixed emotions. I was a young bride of 21. I am still married and my husband is the love of my life. But we had a lot of hard years. She is our baby. I honestly have to let go and put this in God's hands. My daughter and her boyfriend are really amazing together. But she is our baby.
I pray this new doc gets a handle on her kidney. My oldest was born with cancer, so we are no strangers to medical problems, but it gets tiring

Quoting Kimmybabe: When's the wedding? Sounds exciting! May GOD protect and bless them both as one!

Quoting zacmacsmomm: I'm not sure how I feel yet. Well at the moment I have a buzz from champagne, lol. My 18 year old daughter will be getting engaged tonight. Her boyfriend is a Marine and home from boot camp. They have been together for over 2 years. They really are amazing together, better than most 30 year olds I know.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:26 PM

Hubby and I celebrate #27 in June, and very happly for the past 17 years. LOL  Our hard years were 110% my fault!!!! I woke up one morning and realized, "Dang, I really do love this guy!!!!"  Lucky us, especially me!!!  We were both 24.

My parents married at 18 and they celebrate #57 in June, very happy for all 57 and hoping to make it to 100 on this side of heaven.  Hubby's parents celebrate #60 this year and like my parents hope to make it to 100 on this side of heaven. These four are taking a 45 day road trip up to Alaska this summer in my parents RV.

Our daughters married in a double wedding at the ripe old ages of just over 18 and just shy of 17 to boys a month younger than they are--junior high sweethearts. They celebrate # 8 in March and hoping for that 100 this side of heaven also. All four finished high school, college, and law school together.

Seven years ago after our young couples married we started going on summer road trips  with them that took us to all the presidential libraries, along with a jillion other interesting places. As I'm standing at those libraries i realize that First Ladies Mamie Eisenhower, Roselyn Carter, and Barbara Bush were all old maids of 19 on their wedding day. At the Nixon Library I noticed that the grandson of President Eisenhower, David, and the daughter of President-elect Nixon, Julie, were both 20 1/2 on their wedding day.  These are all teen romances gone good!!!  (I'm also certain that the parents of David and Julie propped up the marriage with financial support while they finished college.)

Quoting zacmacsmomm: Thank you. I have mixed emotions. I was a young bride of 21. I am still married and my husband is the love of my life. But we had a lot of hard years. She is our baby. I honestly have to let go and put this in God's hands. My daughter and her boyfriend are really amazing together. But she is our baby. I pray this new doc gets a handle on her kidney. My oldest was born with cancer, so we are no strangers to medical problems, but it gets tiring
Quoting Kimmybabe: When's the wedding? Sounds exciting! May GOD protect and bless them both as one! Hope the best for the medical issues.
Quoting zacmacsmomm: I'm not sure how I feel yet. Well at the moment I have a buzz from champagne, lol. My 18 year old daughter will be getting engaged tonight. Her boyfriend is a Marine and home from boot camp. They have been together for over 2 years. They really are amazing together, better than most 30 year olds I know. She spent 3 days in hospital because of a bad kidney infection and UTI. She has another blockage in her right kidney. She's already had 2 surgeries to correct the problem, which obviously didn't work...ugh!

zacmacsmomm
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2018 at 10:52 PM
My daughter and her fiance are truly incredible together. Their ages do freak my out though. But that's ok, it's not about me. I'm just really sad because he is in the US Marines and that means she will be moving away. But luckily he only plans a 4 year enlistment!

Quoting Kimmybabe:

Hubby and I celebrate #27 in June, and very happly for the past 17 years. LOL  Our hard years were 110% my fault!!!! I woke up one morning and realized, "Dang, I really do love this guy!!!!"  Lucky us, especially me!!!  We were both 24.

My parents married at 18 and they celebrate #57 in June, very happy for all 57 and hoping to make it to 100 on this side of heaven.  Hubby's parents celebrate #60 this year and like my parents hope to make it to 100 on this side of heaven. These four are taking a 45 day road trip up to Alaska this summer in my parents RV.

Our daughters married in a double wedding at the ripe old ages of just over 18 and just shy of 17 to boys a month younger than they are--junior high sweethearts. They celebrate # 8 in March and hoping for that 100 this side of heaven also. All four finished high school, college, and law school together.

Seven years ago after our young couples married we started going on summer road trips  with them that took us to all the presidential libraries, along with a jillion other interesting places. As I'm standing at those libraries i realize that First Ladies Mamie Eisenhower, Roselyn Carter, and Barbara Bush were all old maids of 19 on their wedding day. At the Nixon Library I noticed that the grandson of President Eisenhower, David, and the daughter of President-elect Nixon, Julie, were both 20 1/2 on their wedding day.  These are all teen romances gone good!!!  (I'm also certain that the parents of David and Julie propped up the marriage with financial support while they finished college.)

Quoting zacmacsmomm: Thank you. I have mixed emotions. I was a young bride of 21. I am still married and my husband is the love of my life. But we had a lot of hard years. She is our baby. I honestly have to let go and put this in God's hands. My daughter and her boyfriend are really amazing together. But she is our baby.
I pray this new doc gets a handle on her kidney. My oldest was born with cancer, so we are no strangers to medical problems, but it gets tiring

Quoting Kimmybabe: When's the wedding? Sounds exciting! May GOD protect and bless them both as one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)