Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So in love

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:44 PM
  • 47 Replies

My dd, who claimed she never ever under any circumstaces wanted kids and that there was absolutely no way she would ever feel motherly instincts, is utterly in love with her baby! She is a natural at it. 

As promised, everyone in the family is helping out. Great grandpa often feeds bottles. Papa takes her in the morning when he gets home from work and before he goes to work in the evening. DS9 and DD8 hold her, play with her and change her diapers. I take her in the middle of the night and when she is doing school work. However, most of the time she wants the baby all to herself. She is still breastfeeding and pumping so baby gets both breast and bottle. Mom is always paying attention to things like babys soft spot, body temp, diaper, comfort, schedule (the baby is falling into one) etc. I am so proud of her. 

The babys father? Well, he has seen her 4 times and all 4 times dd has offered. He doesn't even check on the baby regularly. The boys mother is still out of line as far as I am concerned. She is just nuts. We shall see what happens

by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjande4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 6:39 AM
4 moms liked this

I hate to point out the obvious, but if she actually had the responsibility of a parent, which she doesn't because of all of you, she might not be quite as enamored.  

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mjande4:

I hate to point out the obvious, but if she actually had the responsibility of a parent, which she doesn't because of all of you, she might not be quite as enamored.  

I was thinking that too. She really is only a part time Mom. I am sure she is surprising you but she certainly isn't taking on full time parenting which she wouldn't be as enamoured with.
RaeMarie
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:32 AM

We only have the baby when she is in class, showering, cooking dinner or pumping. It really isn't as much as it may seem. We just all pitch in. My husband likes his time with her in the morning so that is his special time. She is still mainly breastfeeding, even throughout the school day. DD is very hands on and very picky about things like who can touch her, wash your hands, etc. It is not like she takes every opportunity to ditch the baby with someone  else. Heck, she won't even let the baby go in the church nursery, 

Truthfully though, when we had kids, did we not have a partner around? We do about as much for the baby as a father would. Who, btw, isn't around at all. 

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

I was thinking that too. She really is only a part time Mom. I am sure she is surprising you but she certainly isn't taking on full time parenting which she wouldn't be as enamoured with.

RaeMarie
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Why do you both have to be so negative? 

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

atlmom2
by Susie on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Not so negative I think but truthful. You brag who well she is doing but she has tons of help being a half time Mom. I had zero help with my kids. No family lived in the same state.

Quoting RaeMarie:

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

mjande4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Lady, teen parenting is NOTHING to celebrate or brag about.  How dense are you!?  Your daughter is living under a roof she DOES NOT pay for, eats groceries she does NOT pay for, and you act like she is some great parent.  Uh no, IF she was supporting herself and HER baby and had a successful career to boot, then celebrate, but equating a married couple supporting themselves to her sponging off her grandfather and parents is just too much.

Quoting RaeMarie:

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 12:16 PM

No...I did not.

Dh worked.  And he travels for work.  So I typically had 5 straight days of an infant until he returned home (exhausted himself) and helped a little before heading back out.  

That's a massive difference.  It's massive when you have no relief and no sign of any possible relief for days at a time.  And I'm lucky....cause dd was an "easy baby" or so I have been told.

Quoting RaeMarie:

Truthfully though, when we had kids, did we not have a partner around? We do about as much for the baby as a father would. Who, btw, isn't around at all. 

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

anotherandree
by Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg. Thank you for saying this! I thought the same thing.

Quoting mjande4:

anotherandree
by Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM
You take the baby in the middle of the night, your husband in the mornings, and everyone else while your daughter is in school. It sounds like your daughter is getting a good night's sleep and only has to do the "fun stuff." And, yes, my husband was there to help but that's only one other person to share the sleepless nights. It really sounds like you guys are taking 90% of the responsibility from her. Where is the line between supporting her and enabling her?

Quoting RaeMarie:

We only have the baby when she is in class, showering, cooking dinner or pumping. It really isn't as much as it may seem. We just all pitch in. My husband likes his time with her in the morning so that is his special time. She is still mainly breastfeeding, even throughout the school day. DD is very hands on and very picky about things like who can touch her, wash your hands, etc. It is not like she takes every opportunity to ditch the baby with someone  else. Heck, she won't even let the baby go in the church nursery, 

Quoting atlmom2:
Quoting mjande4:

diaperstodating
by Queen25Princes on Jan. 22, 2018 at 12:23 PM
Congratulations on being a grandmother!

Maybe you would get more support in the Moms of Adult Children Group?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)