Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm working on next fall's budget....anyone have dorm insurance and roughly what am I looking at $$$$$?

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 10:41 AM
Replies (51-55):
dorfmama
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:41 AM
My daughter is currently a freshman in college, and my older daughter is a college graduate. I’ve never even heard of dorm insurance, so, obviously, we don’t have it. Lol! I’m surprised we didn’t get anything in the mail from companies wanting to sell it to us.
AzariahsMother
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:44 AM

I haven't heard of this before.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:36 AM

LOL.  Right?!?!

I get everything else in the mail....

Quoting dorfmama: My daughter is currently a freshman in college, and my older daughter is a college graduate. I’ve never even heard of dorm insurance, so, obviously, we don’t have it. Lol! I’m surprised we didn’t get anything in the mail from companies wanting to sell it to us.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I see insurance. In Ohio it's around $120-200 for the year depending on the type of coverages you want.

1kidmomajm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:12 PM

My was nephew in college a few years ago as a freshman in a dorm. A pipe in the wall above his room busted and his room became an infected poo fest when no one was in there. He walked in, grabbed his computer, told the school. The room was sealed off until a school break so it could be cleaned. He was asked to make a list of everything in there, once he gave the school they said it was too late. He had to study for mid terms and they never actually gave him a time limit. So it sounds like colleges aren't really responsible for these things. His was a rare occasion Im sure. But I still doubt it is worth it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)