Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you get a matching tatoo with your kid.  Maddy texted me a few mins ago asking if i wanted to get a matching tatoo with her.  I'm a very non tattoo kinda person. i hate them.  so it was an odd text.  I responded with wtf  lol her friend and her friends mom just got matching tatoos so she thought she'd ask  lol

by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 12:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 4:13 PM
We just had this very conversation.

Dd wants a tattoo for her 18th. And she asked if I’d get a matching one with her.

I said I’d have to see what she ended up wanting. We are very different in might not work.

I have several. It’s all about who does it, what it is and where. Screw one of those up and you’ve got a lifelong mistake (like the awful blob of a tattoo on my ankle....sigh)
by Queen25Princes on Feb. 6, 2018 at 4:28 PM
by Emily on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:38 AM
My 27 yr old daughter wants us to get matching ones either on our wrists or behind our ears . I said no at first for me , I don't think it would look good on me . Then she suggested a white ink tattoo .
Now I'm thinking I might . Maybe lol .
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Growing up my mother was very anti tattoo.  she would threaten us that if we got one she would burn it off. which i beleived her growing up. lol  when my sister turned 18 and got one and since my mother had her head firmly planted up her butt went an got one too.  Not a matching one but simiar.  my sister got a second my mother got a second. Then my brother decided it was safe so he went and got one  My mother said nothing.  My brother got a second my mohter said nothing and then my brother got his third and my mother flipped out.  granted he had 5150 tatood to the back of his neck quite large.

Quoting heybooboo:

My sister has a matching tattoo with her best friend.  She has 8 or 9 others as well.  But the matching tattoo she got with her BFF was what set my Mom off.  I had to chuckle to myself when my Mom went on her rant about it.

Quoting atlmom2:

No.  I wouldn't get one at all.  My 2 dd's who are not that close have talked about it, lol.  My one dd has zero and my other dd has 5.  

by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:23 PM
I have 9. LOL
No, I probably would not get matching tattoos with a child unless something significant happened like the loss of a grandchild or severe illness like cancer.
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:53 PM

I want a small tattoo and have agreed to wait until my DD is 18 (in about a year).   I don't think we will get matching tattoos, but we want to get them at the same time.    the only issue is that my Dh hates tattoos, but it is my body.  I wouldn't do anything big and bold, just something small for my DD and her sister who passed away.

by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 3:53 PM

I have two, husband has three and my 19 year old has one (it was her 18th birthday octopus with a remind her not stress....since octopi eat themselves when they stress. She drew it herself after about two years planning it.)

We are planning on a family tattoo when my youngest is old enough. It won't be the same but will all go together.

My girls in 2004

by Group Admin on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:29 PM

In a heartbeat as long as she was 18 and paying for her own. Oh and it wasn't something stupid. My little one said she wants to get matching tattoos of my cat's face. Umm... NO she was 8 when she said it so I imagine in ten years her taste will change.

by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Yes, and would love to but my fear of needles prevents me.  I mean I wouldn't do nothing big or anything.  Just something small and cute.

by on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM

I'm not into tattos, can't imagine inflicting the pain on myself. Won't mind though using those temporary transfer tattos ( a cute little design) and having a matching one with my daughter if she wanted. That's as far as I would go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)