Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd that is a massage therapist

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this

Is looking into Esthetic school.  I have always thought this would be a good idea for her to save her body because you cannot massage for 20 to 30 years.  She loves makeup too and it covers this where she would be licensed to do that as well and waxing.  She can do facials where she works so she doesn't need to find new employment.  She can do massage and facials where she works.  

Come to Big Brothers Groupies if you want to chat about Big Brother Celebrity Edition Starting Feb 7.  Just a warning it is a spoiler group.  

by on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister does hair, make-up, waxing, microblading, eyelashes, etc.  She seems to be pretty busy.  She loves it too.  She has always been very creative and wasn't sure how to bring out her creativity and this was something that she found to be perfect for her.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 1:22 PM
My mom’s god daughters daughter is going to school for this. It’s funny cause her mom was the typical Tomboy. Like only time she ever wore a dress was at her wedding. She was maid of honor at her brothers and even managed a pantsuit. So for her daughter to be so into girly things like make up. I just wish I knew she was going to school for this last year. I would have paid her double niece’s prom. Poor girl only had me to help with makeup.
KenneMaw
by Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Sounds like a great plan to me!    

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Shes really excited about doing this in a year probably.  This summer she wants me to look at the possible schools for her.  She can work and go to school at the same time.  

Quoting KenneMaw:

Sounds like a great plan to me!    

Sydel
by Group Admin on Feb. 12, 2018 at 9:51 AM

Is she in Florida with you or a different state? Depending on where she lives she could make a lot of money doing this! Good luck to her.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 12, 2018 at 11:11 AM

She is in Wisconsin and where she works they do facials so she will be able to do both where she works and continue to work during school also.  They are flexible.  The school she is looking at is 4 months and is on Mondays and 3 Saturdays a month.  She has been there 5 years so she no longer even has to work weekends but she continues to work every other weekend because she isn't really working any evenings anymore and she can make good tips more on weekends.  Those clients in general tip more.  

Quoting Sydel:

Is she in Florida with you or a different state? Depending on where she lives she could make a lot of money doing this! Good luck to her.

drfink
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:04 PM
There is a lot of money in make up . It seems to me the mid 20's to 40'yesr olds have their make up applied professionally often .
My daughter and a friend decided they were spending too much so took a couple of how to classes from a local well known make up artist . She taught them well . They don't do anyone else but they make themselves look great .
Great idea . Very lucrative .
LOL if you have the talent .... people would pay me NOT to put make up on them hahs .
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM
She would be doing facials more than applying makeup. Makeup would be a side business. U have had professional makeup applied 2 times my girls weddings. That is it. I didn't pay because as long as I bought so much makeup the application was free.

Quoting drfink: There is a lot of money in make up . It seems to me the mid 20's to 40'yesr olds have their make up applied professionally often .
My daughter and a friend decided they were spending too much so took a couple of how to classes from a local well known make up artist . She taught them well . They don't do anyone else but they make themselves look great .
LOL if you have the talent .... people would pay me NOT to put make up on them hahs .
drfink
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:12 PM
Smart young woman . Cover a lot of bases .

Quoting atlmom2: She would be doing facials more than applying makeup. Makeup would be a side business. U have had professional makeup applied 2 times my girls weddings. That is it. I didn't pay because as long as I bought so much makeup the application was free.

Quoting drfink: There is a lot of money in make up . It seems to me the mid 20's to 40'yesr olds have their make up applied professionally often .
drfink
by Emily on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:17 PM
I have only had it done a few times . My son's wedding , my daughter's cotillion things like that .
I make an appointment at Sephora . Same type of deal . There is either a charge or buy a certain amount of makeup . I go the make up route .

Quoting drfink: Smart young woman . Cover a lot of bases .
Quoting atlmom2: She would be doing facials more than applying makeup. Makeup would be a side business. U have had professional makeup applied 2 times my girls weddings. That is it. I didn't pay because as long as I bought so much makeup the application was free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)