Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far would $200 go for clothes

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM
  • 41 Replies

A couple of weeks ago i gae maddy $200 for clothes.   She found some really good deals. Garage was having a sale on jeans and she got like 5 pairs for like $10 each.  I'm pretty sure she had to buy 5 to get hte $10 each. 3-4 tops from Forever 21 a couple of dresses from forever 21.  some underwear from VS and i'm pretty sure she had left over $$ that she banked.

I gave tori $200 this past weekend and she bought 2 paris of jeans, 2 shirts  both crop tops one a tank crop. and socks and 1 dress.  thats it.

by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:43 AM

BAck when I was buying their clothes not that far.  Now that they both buy their own they would have several bags of clothes they bought on sale for that much.  

Come to Big Brothers Groupies if you want to chat about Big Brother Celebrity Edition Starting Feb 7.  Just a warning it is a spoiler group.  

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM

depends...

that could be less than necessary for 1 item or bags of stuff....

sarahfire
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:13 PM

It depends on what brands they're buying, what stores, is the stuff on sale, etc.

ljmom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:13 PM
I’m a bargain hunter. I hate paying regular price. The teen HATES shopping. We got a good thing going. He tells me what he likes and what he doesn’t and I do his shopping. I see a lot of online shopping when he gets older.

I can do a lot for $200 as long as I don’t need to get sneakers. The larger his feet get the harder it is to save on shoes.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:17 PM

Funny how that changes when it's their money.....LOL.

Quoting atlmom2:

BAck when I was buying their clothes not that far.  Now that they both buy their own they would have several bags of clothes they bought on sale for that much.  

heybooboo
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:19 PM

DD would probably be able to get quite a bit.

DS would look at us annoyed and ask: "WHY do I have to do the shopping?"  Then he would just buy basketball shorts and hoodies.

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I will never forget the first time my oldest came home with a bag of clothes bragging how she got it all for like $25.  When I was buying she wouldn't have hesitated to have my spend $40 on one shirt and she got several for $25.  

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting atlmom2:

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol.

Mine does love a good resale shop. But she also doesn’t mind when daddy’s money gets her the latest and greatest.

Quoting atlmom2:

I will never forget the first time my oldest came home with a bag of clothes bragging how she got it all for like $25.  When I was buying she wouldn't have hesitated to have my spend $40 on one shirt and she got several for $25.  

Quoting chicken13:

Quoting atlmom2:

nebcutie
by Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Not far for us. My daughter only does one big trip every few years though so I don’t mind. A pair of jeans and 2 shirts maybe. She lives in her sweats and school T-shirts most the time and those last forever. I may pick up a pair if I see a sell or if she is out and sees some she wants.
RaeMarie
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:42 PM

My dd could get quite a bit because her favorite store is Plato's Closet with the clearance section of Rue 21 being her second. She recently got 4 shirts, 2 pair of shoes, 2 dresses, and a pair of jeans for $40 at Rue. She bought several pairs of jeans at Platos. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)