Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny story

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 8:44 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my dd works for a pest control company.  She saw a mouse at work, screamed and jumped on her chair.  So they go in the back where all the chemicals and things are.  Got some traps and set them.  They never caught it, lol.  I think it ran out.  

Bugs and pests are bad in Hawaii.  Luckily she can take home what she needs and doesn't have to pay for it.  She mostly has ants sometime, or a roach or 2.  Very common.  

by on Feb. 21, 2018 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ljmom24
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM
There used to be a pest control place down the street. It moved and they put an apartment there. To see the building makes that even weirder but anyway there was a dead rat out in front of it last week. Someone reported it on the city fix app “dead rat infront of old blank pest control building” although it was dead so guess it wouldn’t have hurt business.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM
Out of curiosity, do those who live in the Siberian states, like Michigan, Minasocold, and Wisconsin, have rats, roaches, and ants, or do they all freeze to death during the winters? LOL
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 21, 2018 at 9:33 PM

We have had a mouse or 2 in Wisconsin.  We had bad ants once after we had a big drought and then had a hard rain.  We have lady bugs and these other bugs, can remember sometime.  We have bug control every 3 months in Wisconsin.  

Quoting Kimmybabe: Out of curiosity, do those who live in the Siberian states, like Michigan, Minasocold, and Wisconsin, have rats, roaches, and ants, or do they all freeze to death during the winters? LOL

Msgme
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM

I'm not afraid of mice.  I wont' stop to pet one or anything but i'm not really scared. I am a bit scared of big bugs. when i say a bit i mean i'm absolutely terrified and the sight of one can cause blood curdling screams.  we dont have too many that get in the house here but there is the occasional Palmetto bug (i think thats what they called giant flying roahces) which often have me running out of the house.  the two bugs that provoke the most fear is the horned nosed beetle which i've only come into contact with once in my life.  My screams were so bad my neigbors called the police thinking i was being murdered. the 2nd is waterbugs. I don't see them often and i've never seen one in the house. that is until 2 days ago.  the light in my hall/entrance way had blown so it was dark. My husband was getting a light bulb to change it and i was behind him heading down the hall. It was dark so i couldnt see. well somehow dh spotted a waterbug. dh just turned around to look at me and told me to go back in the other room.  His face told me there was a big bug. since my phone was in my hand i turned on the flashlight and shined it and sure enough there was this huge huge huge waterbug.  I froze the bug froze. took me a good few seconds to be able to scream. after some screaming the bug just took off right into my direction.  No kidding my life flashed before my eyes. Just before it would of killed me dh was able to step on it. my poor dh had to step on it in his socks.  I went to check on the girls to see if my screams woke them up and tori was opening the window so that i had a quick escape route  lol

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 23, 2018 at 11:14 AM

We have those huge palmetto roaches in FL.  Luckily I have only seen 2 dead ones in 4 years here.  No live ones.  

Quoting Msgme:

I'm not afraid of mice.  I wont' stop to pet one or anything but i'm not really scared. I am a bit scared of big bugs. when i say a bit i mean i'm absolutely terrified and the sight of one can cause blood curdling screams.  we dont have too many that get in the house here but there is the occasional Palmetto bug (i think thats what they called giant flying roahces) which often have me running out of the house.  the two bugs that provoke the most fear is the horned nosed beetle which i've only come into contact with once in my life.  My screams were so bad my neigbors called the police thinking i was being murdered. the 2nd is waterbugs. I don't see them often and i've never seen one in the house. that is until 2 days ago.  the light in my hall/entrance way had blown so it was dark. My husband was getting a light bulb to change it and i was behind him heading down the hall. It was dark so i couldnt see. well somehow dh spotted a waterbug. dh just turned around to look at me and told me to go back in the other room.  His face told me there was a big bug. since my phone was in my hand i turned on the flashlight and shined it and sure enough there was this huge huge huge waterbug.  I froze the bug froze. took me a good few seconds to be able to scream. after some screaming the bug just took off right into my direction.  No kidding my life flashed before my eyes. Just before it would of killed me dh was able to step on it. my poor dh had to step on it in his socks.  I went to check on the girls to see if my screams woke them up and tori was opening the window so that i had a quick escape route  lol

Ziva65
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:48 PM
Oh that’s funny.

With some recent fires here in CA we’ve had a rat problem. They’re bold- so first we tried the kill- Less traps and would bring them a few miles away. We even tried some board thing with peanut butter on a barrel- Well it seemed they’d find their way back- like an I love Lucy show or something.

Well, we finally got the pest company in and no more rat problem. We’re part way in the country with a few acres, so there’s a lot of open space, chickens, etc. I still don’t want them here lol. I’m pretty sure that’s how one of my dogs got guardia over and over. She’s ok now thankfully.

I can relate to your daughter :)!
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 12:51 PM
Oh my gosh I just looked up a pic of one of those bugs :/ I’d be screaming too! They’re huge!

Quoting Msgme:

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 2:18 PM

Why in the world would a mouse make someone jump on a chair and scream? Mice are tiny harmless creatures. They aren't going to hurt you. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM

She doesn't like bugs, mice or anything like that.  

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose:

Why in the world would a mouse make someone jump on a chair and scream? Mice are tiny harmless creatures. They aren't going to hurt you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)