Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would appreciate any ideas on makeup centers/desks

Posted by   + Show Post
Vanities are a thing of the past. I understand these new makeup desks or centers are what teenage girls are doing in their rooms these days. My soon to be 15 year old is very good at hair and makeup and doesn't like doing it in the bathroom. So, we have decided for her birthday to get her a makeup center like the ones I've been seeing on pinterest. The thing is though, I am not finding where to buy these. I haven't found anything on ebay, and pinterest just seems to be pictures not an actual location to buy them. I've tried finding a local craftsman to make one, but none of these older men who do this type of work is familiar enough to attempt all the drawers and lighting involved. Any suggestions? thank you in advance!
by on Mar. 5, 2018 at 8:50 AM
Replies (21-29):
jewjewbee
by Member on Mar. 5, 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quoting Lanternshill: An etsy store called Bleach LA Furnishings.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/bleachla?ref=s2-header-shopname

Quoting jewjewbee:
Quoting Lanternshill:

Mobile Photo

Like this?

Yes! this is much closer to what she is looking for. And it would have a base with multiple drawers down to the floor. This is great.
would you happen to remember where you got this picture? LOL

THANKYOU!!!
Ziva65
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry that happened, it is sort of funny though. Guess they felt a bit threatened :)

Quoting jewjewbee:
Quoting lucky2Beeme: Can you show me what you are looking for ? I have an old dressing table with a small bench type seat. I just hung sconces on either side. I see them often on FB yard sale site and in used furniture stores.

Unfortunately, I cannot enter photos on CM.
My full reply ability was removed from admin Years ago for posting pictures in a political group of CM owners in yachts and limo's while promoting the 99%'ers issues. LOL
Lynn750
by Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought my daughter's from Bed, Bath and Beyond, online.

jewjewbee
by Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Ziva65: Sorry that happened, it is sort of funny though. Guess they felt a bit threatened :)

Quoting jewjewbee:
Quoting lucky2Beeme: Can you show me what you are looking for ? I have an old dressing table with a small bench type seat. I just hung sconces on either side. I see them often on FB yard sale site and in used furniture stores.

Unfortunately, I cannot enter photos on CM.
My full reply ability was removed from admin Years ago for posting pictures in a political group of CM owners in yachts and limo's while promoting the 99%'ers issues. LOL

Aint that crazy?
They loved the limelight, and all the elite lifestyle events-while urging women on this website to be active on the website promoting the 99 %'er issue. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
Another bit of hypocrisy...if they wanted to silence me why not close my account? Nope...keep my account of 15 years active but remove the photo insert options.
Msgme
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2018 at 2:08 PM

Thank you guys for the great ideas.  I'be been wanting something in tori's room for her to be more organized but she is so paticular and doesnt want "clutter" yet what she has is pure clutter.  everthing i offered she has turned down. but this could work.  this is what she has now  but she doesnt want clutter  lmao

AshleyD82
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly it truly depends on how much you’re looking to spend.. IKEA may sound cheap but considering their “Alex 5 drawer unit” is $79 alone it can get pricey. There are several YouTube videos on how to do a makeup vanity on a budget as well. It really all comes down to price and how picky she and you are with aesthetics.
jewjewbee
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:34 AM
https://www.houzz.com/product/90377821-volage-makeup-table-contemporary-bedroom-and-makeup-vanities
Just an update...this is what I decided on and bought last night.
Thankyou ladies so much for your help!!
jewjewbee
by Member on Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:35 AM
Quoting Msgme:

Thank you guys for the great ideas.  I'be been wanting something in tori's room for her to be more organized but she is so paticular and doesnt want "clutter" yet what she has is pure clutter.  everthing i offered she has turned down. but this could work.  this is what she has now  but she doesnt want clutter  lmao

I wish I could see the pic, my view is very dark and I can't see what she has.
Mommy2Malaika
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2018 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Wowwwww Caldor and Bradlees haven't heard those names in years! But basically yes, its just a new version of the vanity with drawers.

Quoting ljmom24: Is this just an update on a vanity??? I got mine at Caldor or Bradlees back in the day and still have it. Lighting in my room sucks so i don’t use it it anymore. I used just a desk lamp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)