Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National School Walk Out

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 8:20 AM
  • 38 Replies

Today is the National  School Walk Out. Is your teen participating?

by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 8:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AzariahsMother
by Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM

I haven't heard of this, so I don't know.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 8:54 AM
Nope. She wasn’t going to.

And now they have a snow day anyway
Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 13, 2018 at 9:15 AM

My dd's school is participating but she wasn't sure if she was going to. She said that there is confusion as to what they are walking out for. She believes the party that planned it are not being forthcoming about the call for gun control. They are ONLY telling people it's to honor the fallen victims.

I guess I will find out what she does tonight.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM

If mine were in school I know my youngest would not walk out.  It would be her prostest against the walk out. 

Oldest it depends.  Depends on her friends probably and her age.  I think if she was in early HS she probably would have.  If she was a senior I doubt it.  

Quoting Sydel:

My dd's school is participating but she wasn't sure if she was going to. She said that there is confusion as to what they are walking out for. She believes the party that planned it are not being forthcoming about the call for gun control. They are ONLY telling people it's to honor the fallen victims.

I guess I will find out what she does tonight.

mjande4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

It's Speing Break so no.

RaeMarie
by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 10:00 AM

LOL Mine isn't going today. We are going to get her drivers license. Her walking out wouldn't make much of an impact since she schools at home! LOL

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 10:31 AM
Spring break here also.
hip2it
by Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM
Spring break here.

I know there’s one in April and my kids said they are not participating.
coleysmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:12 AM
Well as of last December, I no longer have any teens(I'll have another in 3 years).
I do however live across the street from our high school and was dreading it. Just so happens, it turned out to be a snow day.
My older two would probably have participated but would be annoyed at the kids just doing it to follow the crowd or skip school, rather than believe in the message.

ETA...Just realized that it was the wrong day, lol.
Shell89
by Member on Mar. 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM

I thought it was tomorrow? My son is on co-op this week so he won’t be in school to participate. Don’t know if he would’ve though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)