Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

prom pics

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM
  • 43 Replies
My daughter's boyfriend's sister did DDs prom pics last year and they turned out pretty good but her choices of backgrounds were boring. She has asked me to do her pictures this year, I can take pretty good pics but we are limited to backgrounds. You can only take pictures of the lake or historic downtown so many times....KWIM?
Anywhooo......what are your suggestions or what were your best candid prom pic backgrounds?
Thanks for your help!
by on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I am really big on props... Probably because I work at a party store on the side. I wish I had a better background suggestions. I have seen gazebos, greenhouses, playgrounds, my dd and her date did a shoot in the bookstore, and we have had kids come into the party store and take pics by some of our displays.

Sydel
by Group Admin on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this

These are the book store photos. They both really liked these and got lots of compliments since they both love the book store. We did a before and after.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:18 PM

Pinterest....all the way

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd's best pictures were taken on a playground.  All the others were standard pics, many on our steps in front of our house because they are so large and nice.  I still love the playground ones the best of all.  

My tiny dd usually had a pic of her on the back of one of her friends always too.  

AzariahsMother
by Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

For total and complete stinking cute!!!

Quoting Sydel:

These are the book store photos. They both really liked these and got lots of compliments since they both love the book store. We did a before and after.

Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 3:23 PM
I'm not good at these types of things, but obviously sydle is outstanding in this!!!!! Loved the pictures!!!!

Quoting Sydel:

turtle68
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you in the US when you go to prom?  Here our formals (proms) are in the last year of high school.  Depending on state it is usually 17 or 18yo here.

My kids only have their pics done at home...its not really a "thing" here.

The best background shots Ive seen are those in paddocks, forests or broken down old places...here our beaches play a big part in backdrops.

MissAndree
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 1:35 AM
Here, prom is and Seniors, so 16-18 are the average ages, but a Senior can invite an underclassmen as their date, so this year will be my daughter's 4th Prom.

Quoting turtle68:

How old are you in the US when you go to prom?  Here our formals (proms) are in the last year of high school.  Depending on state it is usually 17 or 18yo here.

The best background shots Ive seen are those in paddocks, forests or broken down old places...here our beaches play a big part in backdrops.

turtle68
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Your daughter has been going to proms for 4 years?  Our formals only include invites that are of the same age or one year down...16-18yo.  A 12 or 14yo would not be allowed at our formals.  To be honest I would be kind of grossed out....wondering what and where I had gone wrong that my 18yo was attracted to a 14yo....either son or daughter.

Quoting MissAndree: Here, prom is and Seniors, so 16-18 are the average ages, but a Senior can invite an underclassmen as their date, so this year will be my daughter's 4th Prom.
Quoting turtle68:

MissAndree
by Member on Mar. 17, 2018 at 3:27 AM
Yes, this year will be her fourth year. I've never had a an issue with her being friends with her high school peers.

Quoting turtle68:

Your daughter has been going to proms for 4 years?  Our formals only include invites that are of the same age or one year down...16-18yo.  A 12 or 14yo would not be allowed at our formals.  To be honest I would be kind of grossed out....wondering what and where I had gone wrong that my 18yo was attracted to a 14yo....either son or daughter.

Quoting MissAndree: Here, prom is and Seniors, so 16-18 are the average ages, but a Senior can invite an underclassmen as their date, so this year will be my daughter's 4th Prom.

Quoting turtle68:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)