Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prom- for moms of teen girls

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 11:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

Mobile Photo

I can’t stress enough how blessed I am to have my dd! She’s considerate, thoughtful, smart (she doesn’t always have the best filter between her brain & her mouth but that’s her Dad’s fault). Anyway, prom is coming up and she looked at dresses, found the style, color she wanted to try on. We priced them at formal shops and online. We ended up finding a very pretty dress on fb for $45. She said she didn’t see spending lots of $ for a formal she might only wear once. Next year, her senior year, she wants to put more thought into but junior year... not as important.
Anyone else getting ready for prom?
by on Mar. 21, 2018 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissAndree
by Member on Mar. 21, 2018 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter just reminded me again today that her and a group of friends want to go shopping for prom attire this weekend. This is her senior year, so this may be the year that she finally picks a dress that is not super cheap. Last year, I think her dress was around $60. So, we will see what she picks out this year, lol.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Tis the season and a very exciting time for certain.

Sounds like a very good plan of action.  She should have a grand time.

I have three granddaugthers that are making those plans also. 

turtle68
by Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:53 AM

My daughter would of loved that dress and for $45...OMG.  Great bargain mama bear.

My daughters dress she got last weekend, her formal (senior prom) is next month and I had to kick her out to buy one.  Her interest is not very high and even though we said we will put in $200 for the dress she still wasnt happy.  The dress she choose is like the one in the picture but is a light lace bodice  with a tulle princess bottom.  it was on sale for $180 down from $480...so YAY.  Now trying to get shoes is also now like pulling teeth, she spent more time on foldable flats and the clutch that is big enough for that and her phone...than actual shoes to go with the dress.   I give up.  She is letting me do her hair hahahahahaha.

cybcm
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Ours are a tiny bit closer to mid-year. DD16's is in May, DD18's is in June (they go to different schools).

DD16 ordered this, just waiting for it to ship here, usually takes up to 6 weeks, which is why she ordered it now.

DD18 is "thinking about it".
rainiebelle
by Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 12:57 AM
No but I will be there next year (unless she gets asked by a Junior. She will not be allowed to go with a senior).
Msgme
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM
No prom dresses this year. Dd is looking for a sweet 16 dress which I'm sure will cost a small fortune.
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:06 AM
I like that dress!

A friend of mine said that "Rent the Runway" is really great. It has beautiful dresses (typically expensive) for a nominal price and you don't have to keep it.
RaeMarie
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:14 AM

My dd is. Still dress shopping. Her prom is just over an hour away so we are getting a hotel room and getting her hair and makeup done there. The prom is 4 hours and I don't want to find something to do for all that time and with it ending at 11 I don't want to drive back that late. Thankfully mine does not want to spend a ton on a dress. She has set herself a $100 limit. Lots of prom dresses on Letgo and OfferUp. 

Crowlandtx
by Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM
We found hers on fb marketplace.

Quoting RaeMarie:

My dd is. Still dress shopping. Her prom is just over an hour away so we are getting a hotel room and getting her hair and makeup done there. The prom is 4 hours and I don't want to find something to do for all that time and with it ending at 11 I don't want to drive back that late. Thankfully mine does not want to spend a ton on a dress. She has set herself a $100 limit. Lots of prom dresses on Letgo and OfferUp. 

Ziva65
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2018 at 10:43 AM
Beautiful! Great price too!

No more proms here all my kids graduated :) but my daughter would have loved that dress too :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)