Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A survey of sorts.

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
Do you send graduation announcments to estranged family members?

Im not talking about the wierd uncle or pushy aunt.

More along the lines of extremely toxic mentally unstable abusive individual. Someone you only acknowledge because grandma insists they're "harmless".
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

AWWWW.  HELLLL NOOOOO.

Grandma can invite them to HER graduation if that's HER choice.

Personally, I've cut ties with all the family wack-a-dos....just don't have the time, patience or desire to deal with that crap.

soccer711
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 1:14 PM
No. My daughter graduated from 6th grade last June. I invited my mom, my aunt/our godmother, my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, some other aunts. I wouldn’t invite crazy relatives.
Kimmybabe
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM
We only sent out to the grandparents of our daughters and the siblings of hubby and I.
MissAndree
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM
Nope.
YourMajesty81
by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 3:43 PM
No. Announcement invites the person to call/ stop by.... no no no.
Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:37 PM

Nope I did not invite them to my wedding, babyshower, and sure as shit won't be inviting them to my kid's graduation. I have two summers before dd's party and she's already dubbed it MY party. Which is partially true as I plan on inviting MY close friends. LOL

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:46 PM

No.  We sent only handful out.  We don't live around any family and I feel they are just asking for a gift when we don't live near anyone.  

sahlady
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:14 PM
I do not have any family like that. However, if I did I wouldn’t make any contact with them for any reason.
heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That is how it's handled on DHs side of the family.

Mine, there is strong expectation that we stay close knit with extended family. Especially if my grandmother is involved.

This is one of those lose/lose situations where I'll be damned no matter what I do.

Quoting Kimmybabe: We only sent out to the grandparents of our daughters and the siblings of hubby and I.
heybooboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 7:31 PM
The stunt she pulled at my wedding damaged DH'S silk suit. He had it custom tailored for our wedding. Thank goodness I opted for linen for my dress.

She tried to take over at my cousin's wedding as the photographer.

We don't know what my sister did, but last minute my aunt bailed on her wedding. We keep asking her how she did it.

Quoting Sydel:

Nope I did not invite them to my wedding, babyshower, and sure as shit won't be inviting them to my kid's graduation. I have two summers before dd's party and she's already dubbed it MY party. Which is partially true as I plan on inviting MY close friends. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)