Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tonights the night.

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2018 at 12:53 AM
  • 35 Replies
2 moms liked this

Well its her senior year formal (aka Prom) and O...M...G!!!

My daughter is very much a laid back soul...takes everything in her stride and isnt too fussed about the details.  

Well that all got blown out the door...we have been on the go from 9 oclock this morning.

Her partner has been ringing her every three seconds and it feels like hours have been on calming him down!!

Hair took nearly 2.5 hours...then it was across town for nails, then back to local for makeup.  

I seriously did not think it was going to be this hard.  Nor did I think special makeup was going to be needed...well one that took forever and cost $70.00  Im sure I could of saved her some money here hahahahaha.

We are now at the dress stage...its nearly 3pm and they are about to leave for the night.  

They are all going to another classmates for after formal party and those parents (poor souls) are hosting the evening and the kids are all camping at their property.  It is an alcohol party, but the hosting parents have stated that its not a free for all...a couple of drinks max...so Im all good with a couple.  All kids have to be picked up or gone by 10am tomorrow.

Thank god I had more boys...they were so much easier LOL.  Even my easy girl (this one) was hard work.

Ahhhh well.....thank god this is over early in the year.  Will post a picture later if I can get one of her smiling :-) 

So ladies ...which one was harder...Girls or Boys?

by on Apr. 27, 2018 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 1:05 AM

I have 3 girls (one is in high school and my twins are in middle school).  All 3 are in competitive sports year round and don't really care about their clothes so I have saved A LOT of money!!!  They often wear athletic clothes to school.

My oldest was tough to shop with for her 8th grade middle school formal but hair and stuff was not too bad.  

turtle68
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 2:58 AM

My kids wear a uniform...not sure if that was cheaper because the uniform itself is blinking expensive..especially senior years.  So I dont think I saved any money there LOL.  If they had no uniform...all my kids were/ are shorts and t-shirt kids (we live in a seasonless state) 

My daughters hair cost a lot and although I didnt say anything...was not worth the money :-(  But she was happy with it....thats the main thing.

Quoting M4LG5:

I have 3 girls (one is in high school and my twins are in middle school).  All 3 are in competitive sports year round and don't really care about their clothes so I have saved A LOT of money!!!  They often wear athletic clothes to school.

My oldest was tough to shop with for her 8th grade middle school formal but hair and stuff was not too bad.  

MissAndree
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:09 AM
I only have a girl, so I don't have a fair comparison. My girl has been pretty laid back and easy though. I hope that your daughter has an amazing time and I can't wait to see a picture!!
turtle68
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:17 AM
9 moms liked this

Quoting MissAndree: I only have a girl, so I don't have a fair comparison. My girl has been pretty laid back and easy though. I hope that your daughter has an amazing time and I can't wait to see a picture!!

crap I forgot LOL...thanks, Im sure they will, I left her and her squealing friends, all of them trying to shoo their parents away.

This is her and her friend 

sorry didnt think it was going to be that big!!

MissAndree
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my goddess! She's beautiful! I love her dress. That colour looks so good on her, and it really brings out her eyes! I bet her and her friend have a great time!

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting MissAndree: I only have a girl, so I don't have a fair comparison. My girl has been pretty laid back and easy though. I hope that your daughter has an amazing time and I can't wait to see a picture!!

crap I forgot LOL...thanks, Im sure they will, I left her and her squealing friends, all of them trying to shoo their parents away.

turtle68
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

thanks...I think she does too.  She didnt listen to me and didnt take some slip ons..so ..me thinks she will be sitting a lot tonight hahahahaha.  She has a pair of pretty high stiletto's on.  I told her if she had to do a lot of walking to make sure her friend was holding on tight :-)

Quoting MissAndree: Oh my goddess! She's beautiful! I love her dress. That colour looks so good on her, and it really brings out her eyes! I bet her and her friend have a great time!
Quoting turtle68:

MissAndree
by Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 3:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh, yes. She may wish that she has a pair of flats before the night is over. We live and we learn!

Quoting turtle68:

thanks...I think she does too.  She didnt listen to me and didnt take some slip ons..so ..me thinks she will be sitting a lot tonight hahahahaha.  She has a pair of pretty high stiletto's on.  I told her if she had to do a lot of walking to make sure her friend was holding on tight :-)

Quoting MissAndree: Oh my goddess! She's beautiful! I love her dress. That colour looks so good on her, and it really brings out her eyes! I bet her and her friend have a great time!

Quoting turtle68:

Sydel
by Group Admin on Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Last year dd went to prom. I went with her date to pick out his tux and get a hair cut. He asked me to help him get dressed as well. He was 110% easier. 

chicken13
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Beautiful dress! She looks amazing in it!!!
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2018 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids wore uniforms in elementary school and I know saved money there.

My sister does hair and make up so I am hoping that by the time my girls go to prom, she would be able to do it.

Quoting turtle68:

My kids wear a uniform...not sure if that was cheaper because the uniform itself is blinking expensive..especially senior years.  So I dont think I saved any money there LOL.  If they had no uniform...all my kids were/ are shorts and t-shirt kids (we live in a seasonless state) 

My daughters hair cost a lot and although I didnt say anything...was not worth the money :-(  But she was happy with it....thats the main thing.

Quoting M4LG5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)