Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does anyone AND their teens play Rock Band and/or GH World Tour?

Posted by   + Show Post

We don't have Rock Band, we have the World Tour for 360 and it's awesome family fun.  We have ALL been able to switch it up on the guitars, drums and singing so everyone can play.  My 7 yr old plays the drums and it's so cool. 

Anyone else?

by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Replies (11-18):
MamaDiane
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM

No!!  And, I want it so bad!  I think it would be an awesome way to connect as a family!  We just bought our Wii a few months ago- and it gives our entire family an awesome activity to do together in the evenings!  We are totally loving it!!

tyheamma
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

We have family who have this and it really seems to be worth the investment if the whole family is interested.

Wyndi
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM

We have guitar hero for the ps2. its fun to watch my DH attempt to beat the kids.  

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  come here for your motivational needs
http://www.cafemom.com/group/time4kids the place for one on one time with your kids.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/BluntConfessions the place to be, the place to confess all your darkest secrets

Angiebooboo
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:42 PM

everyone in the house plays it together i dont because its just not my thing but i love to listen and watch them it is the bomb they are greatsinging

angiebooboo

Faithless
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:06 PM

My sons rented GH for ps2 and loved it when it first came out, we want to get one for all of us to do, as the kids love singing with me when its cleaning day, but honestly,my16 yr old cant find a job (he has limited options anyway being an aspy) and hub lost his job on thanksgiving 08, so it will be a while yet...

peachies02
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Gamer
 My son has a PS2 and I play with him all he plays is WWE I'm getting tired of it . And he don't start doing better at school he won't see any games ----- PS2, game boy or computer games for awhile and he says nooooo when I say it.

His birthday is next month yesterday he said wanted a used Wii from Game Stop or a  Niteno DS  right like he needs something else

4EverAMommy
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I don't play either of those but my teen SD and I do play Karaoke Revolution together.  She kicks my butt of course but we have fun.  LOL

mystica97
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Heck yeah! My fiance and I play all the time with our kids. Mine are almost 16, almost 12 and almost 3, and even the 3 year old gets into it..

We used to take turns playing different things, but then it just kind of worked out that I play the drums, my husband plays guitar/bass and my older boys switch between guitar/bass and singing. My toddler LOVES to sing the songs or 'help' me play the drums. We both hold the drumsticks and pound away together!

I personally think this is one of the BEST video games ever. The kids get to feel cool, without killing people, stealing things, all the garbage that other video games contain. Not only that, but obviously, it allows US to connect as a family and have ALOT of laughs.

The other one we do together is Dance Dance Revolution. Even my fiance, who's a big guy and looks like a bull in a china shop, does it!

The kids love to tease us when we mess up, and I think it really teaches them that it IS all about having fun, not winning, and it allows them to see that we are human, and we can make plenty of mistakes.

I'll never regret the hundred dollars that GH World Tour cost.. it was MORE than worth it!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)