Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

How do your Teens Dress?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just wondering how your teens dress. The girls and boys.

My son is in that faze were he wants to dress like a skater. He is 14 and I swear all of them are dressing like this. He won't even let me take him to get his hair cut.

So How do yours dress?

Zachary                        Kadyn                         Brandon

by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-19):
peachies02
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Homey   Look at this guy LOL,  I made a post Someone tell me why are teens picky

Mine  like I said wears  WWE - t.shirts and jeans, he will not wear long sleeves or button down shirts that much if he wears a button down guess what A WWE shirt has to under it. He likes a few other  cool stuff on the front. Getting him to wear shorts is hard. And does not like tanks, says he doesn't want people seeing his armpits and he said this back when he was 10. Now since some Body hair is growing he really won't wear them.

Him and his shirts are so bad he has others some don't anything on the front he even has a school shirt of the school he goes too. If I say why don't you wear YOUR BHMS shirt he says no I want to wear a WWE shirt I'll say there aren't any clean he'll find a dirty one . Yuck hey kids make fun of him maybe he'll learn.

Sorry ladies that's how I am, I've tried to make him see my way and he will not  so let him get into trouble at school

peachies02
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 11:36 AM

teen boy

Justin

jerzeetomato
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM

My son, 15, likes, Pacsun, DC, Aero and most stuff that he finds at Kohls.  Nothing too extreme, but he does like to wear his sweatpants and his shorts a little too low for my liking.  Sometimes I think its just to annoy me around the house, because when he's out and about, the pants are not hangin' where they shouldn't be!  And he's great about honoring my rule to look at the clearance racks first!

Dawn2395
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM

My son is 14 as well & is a skater. He likes the punk rock look, with the tight straight leg jeans, longer hair & beanies.

It kinda takes me back to when Punk rock was popular! I like the way he dresses. His clothes are always clean, he is very paticular about that!

pajamk
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I guess mine is into the skater look too.  I call it sloppy, but whatever. As long as he keeps his belt line above his butt and his pants legs from dragging the ground and his shirts aren't down to his knees, I am satisfied.

my3babes
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 3:19 PM

My girls wear jeans, t-shirts, flip flops & hoodies. I try all the time to get them to wear some of the nice blouses they have but they don't wear them hardly at all. I'm the same way tho give me jeans & a t-shirt anyday so I understand why they don't wear them much we're countrygirls so we live & dress country...lol. My son is 11 & he actually is just starting his skater look but I don't think it will last long cause he loves wearing his cowboy boots too much.  

momoftwins240
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 3:21 PM

My 17 year old step one wears jeans that are far too big for him in the waist thus revealing at least half of his underwear.  This is unacceptable to me but it is allowed by his parents and I really have to say.  Other than that, he mostly wears band t-shirts and hoodies which fit him fine and look fine.

My two 13 year old step daughters dress very differently.  One is a girly girl and the other is a tom boy.  The girly girl wears skinny jeans and little cap sleeve t-shirts with various designs on the front.  The tom boy wears jeans or long shorts and regular t-shirts or hoodies.  Sometimes she will also wear polo shirts.

My two 10 year olds still wear whatever I buy them.  They prefer cotton shorts and short sleeved shirts, however, I make them wear appropriate clothing for the season and I also make them wear jeans even though they don't really like them.

Mama with the mostest!

kissing

luckied
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 10:23 PM

My son wears cargo pants/shorts or athletic shorts.  In fact he wears shorts all the time even though we live in CO.  Only pants if we make him.  A t-shirt and a hoodie.  when it's really cold he wears his underarmour as well.  Always white ankle socks and only a few types of shoes, currently DC's.

Lyndall
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 10:41 PM

right now my son dosen't care how he dresses.  he dosen't like all the skater clothes cause he isn't one but he wears jeans and a tee everyday and dosen't care a wit if it is brand name or not. 

Lyndall current mom to Steve,Nathan,Shayla . 24 former foster children and hopfully many more to come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)