Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Is anyones teen entering HS this Sept?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: entering 9th grade?

Options:

Yes

No

other??

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

My son is and I am scared to DEATH =(

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerdayz
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:01 PM

My daughter will be going to 9th grade in August. My kids are in the same school I went to. :)  We have 2 big schools on the same campus, but they are doing it differently now than when I was there. We used to go back and forth between the 2 schools for classes, but now they have 7th and 8th grade in one school, and 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th in the other one. So my daughter will just be going to the other school.

My son will be going to 11th grade, so they will be in the same school.

Why are you scared ?  Is your son scared too ?

spring springtime                               

goldilocks70
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM

It can be nerve racking.  I'm sure your son will be fine.  Does he have other friends that will be going to the same school?  Make sure to go to the orientation and don't be afraid to ask questions. 

JennyMarie
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:55 PM

My son starts in the 9th grade this August. I am more nervous about it then he is. He has the attitude whatever, and is care free about it. 

I think the kids will be okay. We live in a small town and we are close and everyone know s everyone, so it should be okay here. But you never know!

Zachary                        Kadyn                         Brandon

Wyndi
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 3:40 AM

My baby will be entering 9th grade in the fall, my DD will be a Junior in the fall. I'm not so much worried about my kids making the grades I know they are capable of, but peer pressure.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  come here for your motivational needs
http://www.cafemom.com/group/time4kids the place for one on one time with your kids.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/BluntConfessions the place to be, the place to confess all your darkest secrets

Kim24kids
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I am sure he will do Great .He is going to the HS hubby and I went to...LOL we are HS sweethearts!....But ya I am more nervous than him

=( peer pressure is my worse fear. But I am sure he will be fine!

nojomommy07
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 1:27 PM

My son is as well...first teenager..eek!  :)  We've been to their orientation already...they've picked their classes.  He graduates 8th grade on June 1st.  *sigh*  Where'd my baby go? 

kandy800
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM

I feel you , I would be scared too, but i bet your son is real excited. HS is the place to be for teens, lol. He'll be fine

peachies02
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Mine would have been but he has ADHD /ODD and he got diagnosed in second year of school first year he was in kindergarten and he just couldn't do want teacher wanted so one day he was in kindergarten and the other 4 days he was in preschool. so Second year he was in kindergarten again and still doing the same thing almost sent him back again to preschool and I had him diagnosed so he stayed in kindergarten.

In August (that's when our school starts) he'll be in 8th

Dawn2395
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Yep, mine starts 9th grade in late August. The only thing that bothers me is he already has friends in highschool. My fear is the driving in cars thing, I'm not ready for that yet! He will be taking a bus to school though.

momoftwins240
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 3:23 PM

My 13 year old twin step daughters will be freshmen this fall.  I'm really worried.  They are not mature for their age. 

Mama with the mostest!

kissing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN