Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Kids & Stepkids

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Well I have a 15 year old that I just don't understand.  He does not live with me and my new husband.  He don't even call me and I don't recall ever doing anything to him.  He has an older brother that will call me or come by everyday.  Any suggestions, has anyone ever dealt with something like this.

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
T-Howe
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM

no I haven't. Maybe he feels like you picked hubby over him. Just an idea....kids think weird.

rainbowtrace
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:31 PM

He was friends with my husband before I was.  He was good with us til we got short on money and could not hand out to him left and right.  So he got mad and moved in with his grandparents and now spends more time with his dad.  He acts more and more like his dad every day. Scares me.

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 15, 2009 at 5:10 PM

My SD plays on both parents.  She lives with her mom, in another state, so we go through the visitation ordeal.  Whenever mom upsets her, she comes to Daddy.  She is great about making up stories, always getting herself in trouble.  I think it is an attention thing.  Good, bad, or indifferent, they get attention.  I guess all we can do is pray it is yet another phase, while trying to put our self in their shoes.  Always let them know we love them, and that there is a consequence for every action they take.  Good luck! 

Sheli70
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Hopefully he will grow up and realize his mistake soon.

goldilocks70
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Your his mother and he probably doesn't understand the new husband thing etc.  I would call him and see him as often as I could.  Let him know you love him and nothing will change that.  Don't be upset with him because he's acting like this.

faithoflove
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM

My son is 10 and he has gone through alot of new experiences with his Dad liking another woman .This is not just another woman it is a lady older than him much older and he realizes this isn't right. She tries to be his Mom and he hates it. He takes fits on us and my ex just doesn't know why. Well could it be he feels left out. He ahs no compassion on this. My kids both come home so upset it makes me sad.

Woozlfreak
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was 15 you couldn't have paid me enough money to want to be around my mom or dad, or anyone that wasn't one of my friends. At 15 you just want things and want to fit in. I wouldn't take it too personally, but I'd remember that you are the adult and he's a hormonal teen. Maybe you could find something that you both really like to do together...just you and him. 

MrsBLB
by Missi on Apr. 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I remember those days!!  Great advice!!!

Quoting Woozlfreak:

When I was 15 you couldn't have paid me enough money to want to be around my mom or dad, or anyone that wasn't one of my friends. At 15 you just want things and want to fit in. I wouldn't take it too personally, but I'd remember that you are the adult and he's a hormonal teen. Maybe you could find something that you both really like to do together...just you and him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)