Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

does your teen have a myspace are facebook

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM
  • 23 Replies

My daughter has both my space and face book and I also have her passwords on all of her sites. She is not happy with it but I tell her he gives them to me are she doesn't get on the computer at all. So she gave them to me. But I've not had any trouble with her much. She so far has a good head on her shoulders That I think GOD about it.

I do still check on her when she don't think I do and every thing has been good . And I do think GOD for such a good daughter so far.

Have a good day
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof3n1
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:42 AM

yup and i monitor it every night

4isenoough
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:52 AM

Yes my dd has a myspace and I have the password and know at all times what is on her page.

SherriX2
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:08 AM

My DS has both.1st he had the Myspace page, and then when FaceBook came out he switched to it. I told him that I wanted to get a FaceBook page and he told me "No Mom, jeez all us kids had to move over to FB because everyone's parents got a MS page" I think there is another site that is out that a lot of kids are switching to, so that they can get away from us parents.

My DD is not allowed to have any right now, and since my son is 18 and I'm trying to give him more freedom I do not have his password any more.

Plus, I have found that if I just ask my DS things that he will jsut come out and tell me.Now, if I sneak around and try to found out something and he finds out I am doing that.........he clams up and will not tell me anything.

I have also found out that if I treat him with respect he is more willing to share stuff with me ( to much stuff sometimes)

before I treated him more like a "grown up" (respect) we would go round & round and he didnt tell me anything.

butterflylvr41
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:30 AM

Yes, he has a myspace page. But I have access to it. 

sheila771
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 2:30 AM

My DD has myspace and a facebook page, I have all her passwords plus she put me in her top friends. Lucky for me she doesn't try to hide anything yet.

Wyndi
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 3:38 AM

both my teens have facebook and myspace. I have all their passwords and I do check their pages daily.

The only complaint I get from them is that I will look over their shoulders when they are on the internet. I know who their friends are online. In this day and age we as parents can't be too carefull.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/PushMe  come here for your motivational needs
http://www.cafemom.com/group/time4kids the place for one on one time with your kids.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/BluntConfessions the place to be, the place to confess all your darkest secrets

KatCh
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM

My 16 year old has both. I'd like to think he and I have a relationship built on trust, so after the first few months, I stopped checking his Myspace. My 30 yr old niece is on his friend list, so I know she'd let me know if there was anything inappropriate going on. I have Facebook myself and will check my son's friends list every so often, since I'm familiar with most of his friends and classmates. Both sites are set to private. Since he'll be a junior this September and we'll have to start looking for colleges, I asked him to please be mindful of what he posts on any  social networking site, since colleges will search prospective students.  

GramaDart
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I am in awe of all you moms that are allowed to know their kids passwords!! My dd accesses at friends houses, school & the library. I don't allow internet at home. She adamently REFUSES to let me have her passwords. However she does give them to her older sister (age 27).

She has both facebook & myspace & has accepted me as a friend on both. Her myspace tho she found a way to hide her page. I am only allowed to send her messages...

lisastovall
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:09 PM

My daughter has both.  I don't feel like I need to know her passwords.  I am in her friends list and can view her page.  If I don't like something I tell her to remove it.  I give her leeway on some things.  I'm not concerned at this point.

brfischer79
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM

My daughter has both, she rarely gets on facebook and only has family members on there, and her myspace I know her password, she is only allowed blurry or far away pictures, I go through hers several times a week and I am also on her friends list so I can see any bulletins she has posted .

I have deleted a few of her friends if I dont like the way they are  (cussing or nasty pics)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN