Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Just joined this group and have a question.

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
Does having a TWEEN get you entry into this group? I have a 12 year old that is not the same little girl I once knew. As a matter of fact we have been fighting a lot and her disrespect has grown out of control. HER HORMONES ARE THROUGH THE ROOF! This morning on the way to school, I told her that there will come a day that we will be friends but for now I am going to be her mother with open arms when she needs me. We try to get her so involved in outside activities she doesn't have time to get in trouble. When she says she wants to join an activity, I ask her "how much to join and when do we start?" She has good grades but complains about her teachers all the time. She is involved in Tae-kwon-do, Band, and piano lessons after school. She has grown so tall she is at the same height as me. Some times I just wish she was my little girl again so I can hold her and just love on her.

by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LexsiesMommy
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I am sure it counts...So welcome,

And of course,....She will ALWAYS BE your babie..

You can be friends with her now and forever...but your mother instinct will ALWAYS come first even when their in the 20s...

Her temper...is just part of growing up....controlling it sometimes can be difficult.

just...make sure she knows your there to talk to when she needs you.... 

4mom247
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I so feel your pain. I cant stand the eye rollingand the looks from them like we are stupid and have no clue what they are talking about. Like we were never teens ourselves (OMG I sound like my mom...lol) I swear sometimes it feels like I just dont know these little people anymore.I use to be superwoman to them over just about anything,now I get that look at allowance time.lol Im awesome then.lol  I swear sometimes I just take it day by day,because what worked yesterday may not work tomorrow.We have to do what we know if right for them,the best part is that it doesnt matter if they agree. As we all do,they will one day realize why we did the things we done and may even be grateful and do the same with their kids. Thats when we know that we done something right.Until then,we just have to hang in there and realize that their lives depend on our decisions for them and we need to support each other as moms so our kids can benefit. Good Luck !

4mom247
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Also one thing I have learned is to pick my battles !!!!! Thats a big one ! LOL 

kandy800
by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I really don't know how you feell yet.  I fear for that day that me and my lil sweet heart no longer can get along. I rememberder when I was 12. I thought I knew everything. But I really knew Nothing. It sounds like you are a really good mother. I think that you should just keep doing what you are doing. We all need and want friends but blood is thicker then water.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)