Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Death FOR MY teeen? YEAH RIGHT!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM
  • 15 Replies

We found out today its only a 40% chance of curing this.

We are all completely devastated...she has to go through unbelievable amounts of chemotherapy...called. "Ice" they are saying they cant contact them until Monday but her doctor is i believe the one holding them up...

it came back more aggressive then ever... hoskins IS NOT supposed to come back! BUT IT did....

platelets....and....bone marrow transplants...

she just turned 19...in dec...we are trying to get her into st judes..but i dont know how we are getting a dead end...with her doctor...and the hospital....we need help there...

she now has 4 tumors...2 in her neck and one in her chest...and the armpit.

I cannot even imagine losing her i cannot ...

i cant breathe~

by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pauliebear
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 2:15 PM

My heart goes out to you.  Research everything.  There are many tihngs these days that seem to be working that many doctors don't necessarily recommend.

4EverAMommy
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I just wanted to send you a big hug and tell you that I am so sorry for the news they have given you and your daughter.  Be strong for her and like the PP said research EVERYTHING. 

LexsiesMommy
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 3:13 PM

She is my niece~

I can't believe it. 

Lyndall
by on Apr. 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM

call st jude directly.  there is an affialiate in Peoria Illinois if that is closer for you.  by pass her doctor and go straight to them.  It is part of the childrens hospital of Illinois.  they work miracles there.  I know  on Oct 31 2008 I was in a car accident with two of my children although they could not save the baby my daughter who was given a 90 percent chance of dying and if she lived a 30 percent of being in a persistant vegatative state.  I am here to say they didn't listen to the predictions and today she is a happy healthy little girl she has some memory issues and did lose a tinly bit of cognative function.  but she defied the odds.  the odd are nothing.  praying for you and your daughter

Lyndall current mom to Steve,Nathan,Shayla . 24 former foster children and hopfully many more to come.

DakotaRose
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM

I am so sorry...I am Praying for you and your family.... have you tried Cancer Treatment Centers of America? They perform miracles everyday. 

christyg
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM

40% is NOT ZERO!!

You have to fight this thing head-on, believing that you will beat it. If you are letting yourself feel defeated now, she will feel it too!!!

She is young, which I think should improve her cure rate percentages. DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Wyndi
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 2:57 AM

keep a postive attitude and like the others before me said, by pass the doctor and go to St. Judes directly.

My other man

Arisa
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 3:02 AM
I have to agree with Lyndall (I think that is the correct spelling, forgive me if not). Call St Jude's directly. You are always entitled to get a second opinion on anything, and with something like, this, if one door doesn't work, find another...or a window. The doctors are not God... and if one isn't being proactive, encourage her parents to find one who will.

I know it is hard...but you can't give up because your niece needs you now more than ever. When it seems like it can't work remember that 40 kids out of 100 are going to make it. YOUR NIECE IS GOING TO BE IN THAT 40%. Keep telling yourself and your family that. Feel free to pm me any time if you want to talk, or pass my info on to her mom... I have spent a lot of time at children's hospital over the last few years. While my daughter's prognosis is good, I know how long and hard it is when you are sitting there for hour upon hour...or alone at Ronald McDonald house, thinking...

Hang in there. Believing is one of the most important pieces of her healing. We are here for you.

Take care and Be Safe,

Arisa

summerdayz
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 5:46 AM

My friend did a lot of research on Hodgkins when her 5 yr old nephew was recently diagnosed with it...it can (and does) come back.  :(

Best wishes and prayers for your niece. Like someone else said, 40% is not zero, and you have to be positive. She will beat this.

praying

spring springtime                               

nojomommy07
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I agree...don't give up and don't give in.  DO what these other ladies are saying and contact St. Judes, contact cancer treatment centers...don't let the doctors take their sweet time.  Your family and your neice will be in my thoughts and prayers ((HUGS)).  Try and stay positive - I know it's hard...but we are here for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN