Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What time does your teen go to bed on a school night and the weekend?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 21 Replies

We (the whole family) are in bed with the lights out at 9 on the weeknights.  We were letting our teens stay up till 11 but my son was falling asleep in class and just not doing well with his attitude or in school.  So we put our foots down and he goes to bed when the rest of us do and he is doing so much better.

On the weekend we let them stay up until 2 a.m. and no later.  He just does so much better the more sleep he gets.

by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catgirl
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 7:20 PM

During the week he is in bed no later than 11:00. On the weekends he can stay up as late as he wants. 

achevymomma
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I have one 15 year old son. On school nights he has to be in bed by 10 but I know he listens to his ipod so who knows when he falls asleep. On non school nights I say midnight but it all depends if there is something he has to do warly the next day.

Also my son knows if I get "I'm tired" complaints or find out he falls asleep in school or is getting bad grades I'll make him go to bed earlier and yes I have done it before. But he's really good about it.

BTW we just had this discussion this morning he says he's always sleepy. I told him we could cut back his bedtime but like he says he sleeps as late  as he wants on weekends and it doesn't seem to help.

mdmom
by on Apr. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

mine are in bed at 11pm on school nights.. friday and saturdays we let them stay up as late as they want as long as they don't wake the littles up lol 

tweety14
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I have battled bed time problems every since he started school. So when he got to high school, I gave up,lol. All it was doing was giving me headaches, and him going to sleep upset at me, and the dr said you don't sleep well if you go to sleep upset. I try to make sure he is at least in the bed laying down no later than 12/12:30. He has always been ADD, and that does not help matters any. I have always told him he needed more sleep when he got to high school, and guess who told me the other day, he needed more sleep? I just shook my head. Funny thing is he has been falling asleep on his own, by 11/ 11:30 not only during the week, but on the 2 nights he could stay up late. No fussing from me to get started getting ready for bed. I gotta say though, he has never give me any problems about getting up, no matter what time he went to bed. I have always told him, give me problems getting up, not doing well in school, or miss the bus because he didn't get up in time, and his bed time would revert right back to 8:30 no matter how old he is. And until this year he never missed the bus, now he has missed it twice. But it was only because the bus ran earlier than usual. Like 6:45 isn't early enough. School doesn't start til ten after eight, and he is on the bus for over an hour one way.

2brats1chkymnky
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM

When I was a teen I had to be in bed by 9pm, no later, lol.

my3babes
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 3:09 AM

On the weeknights my 15 yr old has to be in bed by 10, as for the weekend she can stay up as late as she wants.

summerdayz
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:27 AM

4everamommy, how do you know your son is up no later than 2am on the weekends ?  Just curious. ;)

My daughter is 14 and is usually in bed by 10 on weeknights, but she can stay up as late as she wants on the weekends. My son is 16 and is usually up til 11 or so on weeknights, and as late as he wants on weekends.

What's funny though, is on Friday nights they are usually sleeping earlier than they are on school nights. I guess it's just from the long week, so they zonk out early.

spring springtime                               

shanlaree
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:45 AM

My 16 yr old is in bed by 9:00 because she has to be up at 5:00 to make the 7:00 bus. Yes, it takes her 2 hours to get ready. I've given up that fight. lol On the weekends she can stay up however late she wants.  

summerdayz
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Quoting shanlaree:

My 16 yr old is in bed by 9:00 because she has to be up at 5:00 to make the 7:00 bus. Yes, it takes her 2 hours to get ready. I've given up that fight. lol On the weekends she can stay up however late she wants.  

haha, I went through that with my daughter.  She was up sometimes at 5 or 5:30, but didn't have to leave for school until 8:10.  Now she gets up right before 7. My niece did the same thing. So don't worry about it, it's a phase. ;)

spring springtime                               

osmom93
by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM

O is in her room by 9 and then reads until around 10 and turns her light off. Sometimes it's earlier if she's tired and just zonks out but.

On the weekend if she's w/friends, it depends on when they get tired. Sometimes it's up all night. And as long as I don't hear them, I don't care. The next day she is a bear, but whatever.

Check out my blog!! ~ http://osmom93.blogspot.com/
I'm on Facebook too. :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN