Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Home work checks

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you check to see if your child does his/her homework or do you just leave it to them, because it is their responsibility?

In His service,

Brenda

by on Apr. 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
goldilocks70
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM
I absolutely check everyones homework. I don't want anyone to get behind.
krisr169
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM

As usual I'm all up in their business, LOL.  My daughter is awesome at doing what she's supposed to but has senior brain now so I'm constantly reminding her of what she needs to do.  My son is the world's worst at homework.  He won't tell me he has any, he hides it, doesn't turn it in when he does do it....the list goes on and on. 

KatCh
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I checked everyday when the kids were in elementary school. Part of the homework was to have your parent sign the homework. By the time they got to middle school, I still checked occasionally, but not as much. The school gave out progress reports every so often and I would know if homework was missing. Also, the teachers didn't hesitate to call you if your child was missing quite a few or was missing on a regular basis. Thankfully, my kids are good about doing their homework.

Stephanies5
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM

They're usually okay with homework but will never study for tests.  I e-mail teachers each week to get test schedules for the week so I can make sure they study.  Then ofcourse my husband or I (depending on the subject) review with them to make sure they know what they're doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)