Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

driving

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

my daughter just turned 16.  we have been taking her out driving and its just... wow.
i am so excited for her and so scared at the same time.
sooo.... any of you gotten through the driving stage?
any tips?
and tell me... who was the first to take your child for their first lesson.
my hubbs (my daughters stepfather) took her for her first lesson...which ENRAGED me because he did it behind my back and that was something that I felt important for me to do..something i had dreamt of.  ugh.  i am still bitter about it. lol

Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only 3 moves

by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lynn63042
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM

My son started driving last year.  He mostly learned in his driver's ed class but I took him out a couple of times, I was remarkably calm... I think it helps if you stay calm... they feed off your nerousness and it makes them nervous.  My daughter turns 16 this year, but I am not sure I can be as calm with her driving, her and I bicker a lot..lol!

samthecat001
by on Apr. 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Quoting lynn63042:

My son started driving last year.  He mostly learned in his driver's ed class but I took him out a couple of times, I was remarkably calm... I think it helps if you stay calm... they feed off your nerousness and it makes them nervous.  My daughter turns 16 this year, but I am not sure I can be as calm with her driving, her and I bicker a lot..lol!

i have been taking her out and its gone really well.  no bickering.  and she's actually a good driver.
its CRAZY to me how much it costs to get them driving though.   ugh.  you have to spend like $60.00 for an online written class.  Then an additional $300.00 (for the cheapeast clas i could find) for 6 hours of behind the wheel training with a certified school... (plus 60 hours with parents) JUST TO GET A PERMIT.  yeesh

Chuck Norris can win a game of Connect Four in only 3 moves

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)