Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

My 10 year old daughter wears thongs!

Posted by on May. 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM
  • 98 Replies

Are you kidding me? I saw this posted elsewhere and I almost choked on my coffee! What is the reason behind allowing your daughter to wear such a thing? The thong has been considered a symbol of sex appeal and I don't think it's appropriate for a 10 year old to wear them.

by on May. 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kpep
by on May. 4, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I would never let my DD who is 12 wear thongs. Really what is the point with someone that young wearing one. When she gets out of my house she can wear them but I will never buy them for her. I personally can't stand them. Never liked the way they feel. 

DakotaRose
by on May. 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I can't even imagine my 13 year old wearing thongs... I wear them and its not to hide pantie lines....

shanlaree
by on May. 5, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I would not allow my child to wear them. I do wear them now and then and they are useful for hiding panty lines. BUT they are also worn to make a woman feel sexy. I've seen way too many young teens that wear them and let them hang out of the top of their jeans or make sure they are exposed when they bend over. I've also heard stories of girls in high school "snapping" their thong at the boys to get their attention. I just don't think they are appropriate for young girls to wear.

athenax3
by on May. 5, 2009 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Hell to the no. Who buys such a thing for a child? I hate parents who act as if they have no say in what their children do. Not to be offensive to anyone, but it really infuriates me. I mean, hey, if your twenty year old wears thongs and you disagree, yeah, but your ten year old? Really?

I'm glad I didn't see the post, it would have just annoyed me.

Kim24kids
by on May. 5, 2009 at 8:22 AM

I might buy my daughters them when there 18 but not until!!!!I think 11 is VERY INAPPROPRIATE and asking for trouble...I wasn't allowed to wear them till I could buy them..but to each there own I guessshrugging 

runner231
by on May. 5, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I would never buy my 11 1/2 year old thongs and I don't think she would like them anyway. I don't wear them and they look uncomfortable.

Natalieyellow ribbon

Loryl
by on May. 5, 2009 at 8:44 AM

My dd turns 14 this week...no thong. I have not will not buy them for her yet. I'm waiting for the day to see them in the laundry. I'm not going to encourage it.  They sell plenty of cute, tiny, bikini panties that really don't show lines without having them up her a$$!  To each their own tho.

dkmomglz
by on May. 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't let my 13 year old wear them if she wanted to, which she doesn't!!  She calls them "butt floss"!!

canadiangirl5
by on May. 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM

That is far to young for any young girl to be wearing thongs. Some girls want to grow up to fast these days.

Stephanies5
by on May. 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM

The way I see it,  It is okay for my daughter to start wearing thongs when she gets married.  In other words I better NEVER see a thong that belongs to my girls in my house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN