Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

When you were a pre-teen or teen did you get teased in school?

Posted by on May. 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

What were some of the reasons you were picked on Or Teased in school,?

My Hubby said he was teased because he was a bigger kid,

Fluffier than the rest of his peer's

I was not picked on, I on the other hand was a bully TO the bullier!

I stood up for my peer's that couldn't defend themselves, and for that i got kicked out 13 times and for that i am not proud of  and ...the reasons the school gave my parents

She likes to stand up for the ones whom can't defend themselves,

now i think well...

Maybe i should have minded my own business but sometimes kids are SO cruel the things they did to others were just cruel,

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´
¤ º° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ º° ¤ •.¸¸.•´¯ ♥ HUGS ♥

by on May. 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerdayz
by on May. 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM

When I was in 6th grade, this one boy teased me a little bit because I was tall. I wasn't that tall, but I think he was jealous because I was taller than he was.  LOL !

spring springtime                               

lauriebash
by on May. 15, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I was the BIG girl. I had friends, but mostly got laughed at. 

becka211
by on May. 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I was fat and poor.  I had to sew my own clothes and was a choir geek that messed up the grade curve but actually studying.  I know the reasons I was teased but I haven't ever dwelt on it because it was the insecurity of the bullies that drove the taunting.

bablondie
by on May. 16, 2009 at 12:46 AM

No, thank God! But I can remember a few uncomfortable moments.

Like if I wore too short of skirts (hey, minis were in back then) then some bully girl called me slutty a lot. And in h/s some bully girls were mad b/c guys they liked TALKED to me as a friend. wow..scary. lol. I did think that they might send bully girls to "jump" me so I made sure I was NEVER alone and got right on the bus after school.

I remember guys making me feel bad b/c I wouldn't go far with them and they called me "straight" so apparantly that was a bad thing. Just b/c I didn't jump on them, geesh.

I Wub My Family!

mrsjames
by on May. 16, 2009 at 6:04 AM

In elementary and junior high I was teased a lot- I lost my eye when I was a baby and up til high school everyone called me the one eyed freak.  It was hard then but ended up making me a stronger person.  My boys were never teasers/bullies in school.  They are the ones who stand up for those who are getting bullied.

I wish the schools and parents would do more about the bullying and teasing that is going on in the schools.  One of my friend's teen was video taped at a camp out.  They showed the video at school and was teasing him sooo badly.  He was invited to this camp our for the sole purpose of being a joke at school.  The sad thing is the school didn't do anything.  They suspended my GF's son for getting upset and disruptive after the video was shown.

damira
by on May. 16, 2009 at 8:43 AM

I wasn't really teased in middle/high school. Some jokes, but I wasn't a major target.

runner231
by on May. 16, 2009 at 9:13 AM

I was teased in Junior high school. Not so much in high school, I didn't have many friends because I was shy. My daughter has a lot more friends then I do and she says she doesn't get teased, thank goodness.

Natalieyellow ribbon

EmmyAnne
by on May. 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I got teased cuz I had big ears but i was used to it my sister teased me too. I told somone one time I was proud of my ears because my family all had them and if I got them fixed I would be saying I was ashamed of them and it pretty much stopped after that. We had a bullying problem with my son this year but we got that taken care it is horrible.

shanlaree
by on May. 16, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Kids can be sooo mean. I am constantly telling my girls to stand up for those that are picked on so they know there is someone out there that cares. I grew up in a small town where everyone knew everyone else. There wasn't too much bullying or mean girl stuff going on. I did however get teased in Jr. High by the boys because I was a little slower developing in the booby department. But thankfully my time in school was a good one.  

faithoflove
by on May. 16, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I wasn,t actually picked on in school but I was like nerd I guess. Well maybe a quiet person that was ugly and wore thick glasses so I could see. My daughter is in 9 th grade and has come home cying lately too. I don' t know what to tell her. I feel bad and if I try to say anything she wants left alone. How can I get through to her that
I cared and I use to be just like her. She is so pretty though and feels she isn't . She is a blooming flower lately and wanting the  bf to happen and friends to hang out with and I told her she will be old enough for all that and more soon enough not to rush it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN