• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can a boys of 11 have wet dreams at this age??????????????

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:20 PM
  • 16 Replies

hi i was woken ,at 3am last night by my very upset 11 year old to hear he wet the bed and would i change his bed i gave him a hug and said its ok  told to a shower and gave him  fresh pj s ,but when i went to his bed it was dry but for a small spot on his boxers and bed sheet then it hit me did he just have his first ever wet dream?but he is only 11,,he has been v v moody and cross the last few weeks and sweating a lot more ,i told him it was ok and this sometimes happens just before he becomes a big boy ,he said i dont want to be a big boy yet ,,also  asked did he want dad to have a talk with him about boy  stuff,and he said no and not to tell anyone and would i stay a while with him ,i stayed till he fell asleep holding my hand ,ibless

dont like just giving him a book and we have talked about growing up after christmass ,and was santa real,he is so young emoitionaly and not sure how to help him understand whats going on for him ,?any tips or ideas or is he just too young for this to be happening

by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
summerdayz
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:31 PM

I imagine it can happen at 11. Look how young some girls are when they start their periods. Maybe you could buy a book and go through it with him.

spring springtime                               

glo882
by on May. 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM

but he is so young he plays with toys a lot and draws a lot he is in 5 th class in school,they dont talk about gowing up till 6th ar we a year too early ? feel so sad heis growing up

luchousdiva
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:54 PM

My husband says yes.  That it can happen even earlier for some.  So its that time puberty.  The voice is going to change and all the good stuff that comes with it. 

Mummyo8
by on May. 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Yes it happens at  11, even 10.... You handled it very well , Congratulations

Tammy Wife to Paul, and Mom Of Daniel 18, Angelina 16, Stephanie 15, Carolyn 13, Lauriann,11 Matthew 10, Nicholas 7

glo882
by on May. 25, 2009 at 4:01 PM

thanks for that everyone did not know who to ask ,dont have a family myself ,and would not ask my husbands too shy ,at least it makes sense why he is changing,emoitionaly,we are on the next stage with him so,my small man is growing up fast,thank tou all very much

cuppa-java
by on May. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I agree...you handled this well. 

Catherine S Long
ACN Independent Representative

540-904-1847
http://www.shaverstl.acnrep.com/

luckied
by on May. 25, 2009 at 11:55 PM

My son was probably 11 I can not remember exactly.  Every child is different.  Just because phsically he is maturing does not mean emotionally he has to be ready.  I would say you need to have a talk w/ or w/ out a book or info from his Dr. I think his Dad needs to be there because if he does have questions you will not be able to answer them.

Good luck to you.

Lillylou
by on May. 28, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I agree... nicely handled. The unfortunate thing here is that boys (or girls for that matter) don't mature physically, emotionally or mentally at the same time so all of this is very difficult for them. It sounds like the communication line between you and your son is good.. keep that open and encourage him to ask questions. Good luck!

Boothfamily
by on May. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Yep, Sounds like your little boy is growing up. I would just sit down and try to talk to him a bit about it all. Just so he is prepared for everything else and won't be shocked.

QueenCherri
by on May. 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

I have also heard that the more emotional a boy is going into puberty, the more sleep he needs. Just something to keep in mind, encourage naps especially on the weekends. And it's ok for him to be going into puberty and still playing with toys. Most boys never grow out of toys, they just get more expensive LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)