Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i confess... i use my teens weaknesses and strengths against them.

Posted by on May. 30, 2009 at 9:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

right or wrong when my teens are out of line, i punish them but using there weaknesses against them, lets face it they k now  right from wrong. like my 16 year old he dont like rejection,he needs to be needed, so what i dont is when he does something wrong i tell him like it is i dont lie to him or i dont put icing on a cake, i tell him i can and i will make your life miserable so i have nothing more to say to him, he dont like that, after a few hours or so i find something that needs to be fixed, well guess what hes right there fixing it and ready to talk, i guess this is the easiest  way to have and get communication with my teen and get results, it really does work my teens are not perfect but they do not get into trouble, and i keep my fingers crossed that they will continue to stay out of trouble.

angiebooboo

by on May. 30, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kimsardo
by on May. 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM

It's great when you find something that works, be ready to adapt at any time LOL 

summerdayz
by on May. 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I personally don't think that using their weaknesses against them is a good way of doing things. Your son doesn't know you are doing this to get your way, and  beating him down emotionally can really turn into a bad thing down the road.

What strengths do they have that you use against them ?

spring springtime                               

Angiebooboo
by on May. 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Quoting summerdayz:

I personally don't think that using their weaknesses against them is a good way of doing things. Your son doesn't know you are doing this to get your way, and  beating him down emotionally can really turn into a bad thing down the road.

What strengths do they have that you use against them ?

they know what im doing and they also relize that talking is something that has to be done my oldest will talk about what ever he has done, and believe me my kids have a very healthy mind they know what ever it is whether i like it or not i am here and i will be honest at 15 16 and 17 . and what strengths do they have well my 16 year olds strenghts are he can fix anything it is his ability he over powers most on cars tvs dishwashers just anything and how do i use it against him i will maybe go out to check the oil in the car he is right out there he'll say something like mom you know i will do this and i know i went into town without telling you but ! then thats when we communicate. they also use my weaknesses and strenghts against me, they know right from wrong and it does work with them.  my kids are very independent  because we work together and yes we learn together, you we here my kids say to there friends we are not only a family we are a team.

angiebooboo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)