Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PSA: Texting while driving (graphic)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

Have y'all seen this video clip? A friend sent it to me yesterday, and it was also featured on "The Today Show" today. It's very, VERY sobering -- scared ME straight!! Sent it to my husband and kids, too -- y'all might want to do the same if you've got a driver/texter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
elananme
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Im going to forward this to everyone i know with a teen driver/texter.  I am also going to show it to my daughter who doesnt have a phone yet, and wont for a while but i want her to see the severity of what can happen! 

Come to support your swimmers!!  Swim Team Mommas!!!

Come see Ethan's Eyes  http://ethanseyes.webs.com/

racheal1977
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:15 AM

posted this as a journal the other day, I have a 14 year old & it scared the crap out of her  

specialwingz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Texas is getting ready to pass a law against texting & driving.  They just now passed one against using cell phones PERIOD in a school zone.  Yes, this is definitely a scary video.  But, keep in mind, it's not only teens who are doing this.  Adults are just as guilty.  I see it every day.  My best friend was rear-ended on the highway by an adult who was texting while driving.  There was also a family who hit a semi head-on on the highway because the father was texting and driving.  He was texting grandma to let them know they were on their way.  So, in all honesty...this needs to be seen by ANYONE who owns a cell phone and drives!

I have 17 yr old twin boys.  I am just as scared of what other people do on the road as I am about what the boys may do, even though they have been taught the rights and wrongs.

JBIRDSLADIE
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:38 AM

This was posted in a group here on CM, it is a very good video and should be implemented into the drug and alcohol classes that new teen drivers are required to take (atleast in my area thats how it is). I think it should be shown nation wide!!!  

No matter what doing ANYTHING while DRIVING is putting your life and the others around you at risk!!! *****EXCEPT OF COURSE PAYING ATTENTION TO DRIVING!!!*****

jns131
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I have this on my homepage journal if anyone wants a fast link to this site. My DD did see this and had nightmares about it. I told her she will be disowned if this ever happens to her. Her whole life, career and us will be gone. She understands the severity of this. Thanks for posting this as well.

Jill

Parents Of Tweens Starting 6th Grade

Camping And Loving It

ice skating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)