Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homework

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hi Everyone

When does your teen do his homework? 

How much homework does she typically have?

Tell us about it below

|The CafeMom Admin Team

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBIRDSLADIE
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Quoting CafeMom Admin:

Hi Everyone

When does your teen do his homework?   As soon as they get home.. grab a snack and the kitchen table is open for homework time

How much homework does she typically have? between 1 and 2 hours ...... plus time for reading

Tell us about it below...  not much to tell lol they have it, they know it needs to be done and they know if they want computer, video game, skateboarding time that homework must be done....NO EXCUSES

*** They also know we are always there to help if and when needed!!!

|

2protectivemom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Quoting CafeMom Admin:

Hi Everyone

When does your teen do his homework?  My kids do their homework as soon as they get home from school, but sometimes have to leave it to go to dance or cheerpractice or something.  They do get back to it as soon as they get back home though.   

How much homework does she typically have?  They normally don't have alot of homework, usually no more than 30 minutes worth. 

Tell us about it below

|The CafeMom Admin Team

rkoloms
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Two days a week, my (freshman!) volunteers at the afterschool program she attended; she comes home, does homework for an hour or so, has dinner and then has another two hours of homework. The other three days, she comes home, has a snack and 1/2 hour of downtime and does homework.

She is in a six year high school program; generally she has three hours a day of homework and 6-8 hours on the weekends.

Robin in Chicago

mollgirl
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I have 2 teens. They come home, get a snack and do their homework. My dd(13) usually has an hour or more and sometimes more on the weekends. My ds usually finishes his first, he is 16. My dd will do her work ahead so she doesn't have to do it every night.She was ab junior honor roll last year. Ds is not that great a student.

Mollgirl

amy7243
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM

My daughter usually does hers as soon as she gets home. It depends on how much she has. Sometimes it is 2 hours worth other days it is alot less. I have always said homework has to be done before they are allowed to do anything else.

sbeyer94
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM

My DD (15) is taking three AP classes and two honors classes. She comes home and usually just starts on her homewrok, it's up to her when she has it odne as long as it gets done, but she usually does it right away. She generally has four to five hours a night. Two for Humanities, one for Math, adn one for Physics. She really despises it and I feel bad for her although two of those hours are my fault since I am her Humanities teacher.

colinsmom1995
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM

My daughter gets home around 630, from xcc practice, so by times she eats and showers it about 730 before she gets to her homework, and usually finishes up around 11.  They just started back Wed and has had homework every night. 

cornqueen27
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:42 AM

I must say I do feel lucky as far as homework goes. My oldest is 13 in 8th grade and rarely has homework.... she's one of those students who can get it done in class or studyhall.  She maintains an "A" average and plays basketball.  My youngest is 11 and in the 6th grade. She comes home with Math everynight and usually english  and Social Studies. Her study hall period she has show choir practice. On the days she doesn't have that it is a litte bit lighter. But it seems like she spends 2 to 3 hours on homework everyday. My question is what do they do in school that the kids have so much homework. I never recall having quite that much homework.

Wyndi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:52 PM

When does your teen do his homework?  after school snack then straight to homework for both my teens. No Excuses!

How much homework does she typically have? Depends on the day. My kids have block schedule (4 classes one day and a different 4 classes the next day. Each class is 90 minutes long). But the norm is around 30 - 45 minutes per class. They also have intervention each day to get assistance with any subject they are struggling with.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
theresa
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Well I have never seen my childrens homework,lol.The oldest one does his before he gets out of school and the younger one never does his home work,lol,He dont do any work except his test and passes school with very high grades a's and b's.it is amazeing.wish I was that smart,lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)