Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Email from my daughter

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

My daughter sent me this email from school today.  She is such an awesome girl...I love her so much!!!

We had to write a blog on our personal hero...I though you might want to read what I wrote...love you.

My personal hero is my mom. She is the person I look up to most. I can talk to her about anything, we have as good a friendship as a mother/daughter relationship. We’re really close and she is certainly, without a doubt, the person I trust most. My mom encourages me to do the things she knows will make me happy and successful like college and even though she watches my grades and wants me to do well, she is never pushy. A lot of the reason I want to be a teacher is from watching her. She is a great teacher and I want to be much like her. She has taught me to love reading and that is probably why I want to teach English, to teach students what she has taught me. My mom is my hero because she is there on my side no matter what, she supports me and never scrutinizes me. She is my mother, my friend, and my greatest role model.

xoxo,
  KristinY

by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lillylou
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Awesome!!! Sounds like congratulations are in order on a job well done for both mom and daughter!

Stephanies5
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM

That is special.  You're going to have to print this and keep it.  this is really just the best thing a mother could get from her daughter.  You're Blessed. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

You have raised a Truly wonderful daughter !! Great Job Momma!!! You must be bursting with Pride!

Bczican
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

That is SO cool and without a doubt, probably made your day! :-)

Kudos on a job well done! :-)

gardenia106
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

you are truly blessed.

Mavieboy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Wow - any advice on how to obtain that relationship?  Maybe you could do a "Top 5 Hints list"??? 

The_Coffee_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

That was an awesome letter!  I would love to have something like that..but I don't foresee it happening anytime soon.have a nice weekend

luvmomof5
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM

How wonderful!!  You are a great mom!

clapping

Kelly--Proud Working Mom of Five

bizzeemom2717
by Jen on Aug. 30, 2009 at 4:07 AM

BEAUTIFUL.....I hope that when my dd,age 11 is that age we can have the same type of relationship! You must be so proud. I agree w/ above, sounds like you may have some valuable insight to share with all of us mama's out here. you rock

vickieb310
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 8:08 AM

How sweet!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)