Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

tatoo

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM
  • 6 Replies

Yesterday as we are sitting down to supper I notice a heart on my daughters finger but its all read and swallon well she dang did a homeade tatoo on her finger I was so mad I couldnt believe it. Her only response was that amber had one also I am not that girls mom and its not my concern what she does i was furious I have told her she is never to do this that they look awful and infection is going to happen. UHHH I dont know what to do with her she is 15 years old.

by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddessmom
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Well I would get it removed. The amount of pain involved in a homemade tatoo not to mention haveing it lazer removed, would probably deter her from turning right around and doing it again. Discuss with her the word "employability" and most employers won't hire you if you have a visible tatoo. Also if all else fails and she is set on getting a tattoo, I would compromise with her. Tell her you will pay for a reputable shop to give her one on her 18th birthday if she can go un blemished until then, with the condition of course it isn't visible to an employer. (Think shoulder lower back ect. This is the best advice I can give you, as when I was 15 I got my first tatoo. Maggie

ayers65
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

My 14 year old daughter wants a tatoo, I put my foot down and said no, not until she is 18.  Now I have 4 but I got my first one when I was in my 30's and you can not see them unless I choose for them to be seen.  I agree that the other daughter is not your concern and I would also have that tatoo removed.  Make sure that you have her checked for an infection.  I would be courious as to what the other parent said.  Good luck!

KatCh
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:37 PM

How do you do a homemade tattoo? My 14 yr old drew one on his hand with a permanent marker until I told him it would seep through his skin. I also told him he could have one when he turned 18 as long as it could be hidden for work, but I have never heard of a homemade one.

dragonfly43
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

New to the group.....I just wanted to add....I think a trip to a physician is in order. Did she put ink in there or is it just carved. My daughter did this but it wasn't so bad. Mederma works amazingly well. Sounds like she could be getting an infection. The Dr. can explain all the dangers of doing this at home in way that hopefully it'll sink in. I'd throw the words...gangrene or septicemia in there just for affect.

Good Luck to you :-)

The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear. -Herbert Agar

aunt_shel
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Immediate removal and a trip to the docctor to prove to her that it is dangerous to herself if she does it again. Also I would make her pay to remove it.

tracylynnr67
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 1:42 AM

I would head to the dr. asap to make sure there's no infection setting in. Homemade tattoos are pretty risky. Over that I would  ground her from going to friends houses for a bit. Our house rule is that if you do something that shows you aren't responsible enough to go places then you get to stay home until you earn that privilege back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN