Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Does this matter,or what..is any one elses doing this...any idvice is welcome..

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

O.K. So this is my sons new hat.Every where we go,he is wearing this,or his other choice is sun glasses and head phone,with a little pocket radio,or both at the same time..He is 12 and it is a fact of ignoring the hat and sunglasses.I guess it wouldn't be so bad but he goes in to the stores or where ever we  go wearing these,weather it be at day time or at night,yes folks he wears sunglasses at night and yes everyone has comments and stares.So tell me how do ya deal with it,ignore it and hope it passes or what,I sometimes tell him take it off,but yea,that works.He is 12 when do they listen.Sometimes I threaten him he wont be allowed to go,but he says ok.Other times I ignore it,and hope it soon wears off.I don't really think it is a big deal,but I wander about him sometimes,is he trying to get attention or what,cause he gets upset when people pay attention to him when he is doing this,but yet he is doing this..any idvise and are any of yours childeren doing anything like this.What should I think,should I just keep ignoring it,is it a sign of something else,what,so confussed?

p.s.He even wears a hoody pulled up over his head.with the sunglasses on at night on hot days...

by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamamom431
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Just give him an choice he can wear them when he is by himself and with friends but,when he is in your presence he needs to pay you the respect you deserve.Its easy to ignore when you don't have to see it but, he needs to learn to have limits.This way he can be himself but,have limits!

totallyCrazymom
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 3:28 PM

He is just trying to test his boundaries, and see where he fits in.

He is still listening to you at this point so let him know that he can wear it when it is appropriate, (whenever you feel it is appropriate.) and let him know your feelings on the outfit. When others look at him and he is bothered by that use it to your advantage and ask him why it bothers him maybe he will see what others see in his choice of apparel. 

2protectivemom
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I agree with the others, you can let him wear it when appropriate, but you decide.  He is sooo cute, he looks like he could be my 11 year old daughters brother.  LOL

theresa
by on Sep. 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Thank you all,I will work on it and there is no telling his father has two others that I know of,lol..but they are boys,lol.

Quoting 2protectivemom:

I agree with the others, you can let him wear it when appropriate, but you decide.  He is sooo cute, he looks like he could be my 11 year old daughters brother.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)