Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

what does your teen spend their money on ?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM
  • 17 Replies

well my 16 year old saves his, and buys what he needs and my 17 and 14 year old spend it on food , drives me nuts, with all the food we have in our house , my 14 year old just needs mc donalds, and my 17 year old any place that he dont have to cook, he works at big boys and he is always eating there .

angiebooboo

by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluvmy3bratboys
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM

MY 17 YR OLD SPENDS HIS MONEY ON JUNK.... FOOD, BEEF JERKEY, POP, ENERGY DRINKS, CANDY... JUST JUNK!!!

MY 14 YR OLD SAVES EVERY PENNY HE MAKES!!!  

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:13 AM

My dd doesn't have a job yet but the money she gets from the bank of parents usually goes to the movie theater or food when she is out with friends.

damira
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

clothes.

myfoursonsks
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Energy drinks because I won't buy them.  Also, they seem to buy a lot of Flaming Hot Cheetos.

tracylynnr67
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM

My sons are 19 and almost 18 and are both Seniors this year. They work 12-16 hours during the school year (except for winter and Spring breaks when they work a little more) and get paid weekly. They spend the bulk of their money on car insurance ($20 a week), their cell phone bills ($10 a week) and my one son also pays $2 a week for his Sirius radio.They pay me and I put their money in our bank account since their car insurance, cell phone bill and my son's Sirius are all on our accounts and we pay the bills.  Right now they get paid $60-$80 a week depending on how much they work  and $30 and $32 automatically comes out for bills. Whatever they have left after paying their bills is divided and spent on gas for their cars first and foremost  and then whatever is left after they put gas in their gas tanks is spent on going out with friends and clothes. During the summer and winter and Spring breaks from school they work 20-28 hours a week and after they pay their bills and put gas in their cars they save some of what's left for when they have to work less so that they have money for when  they can only work 6-8 hours a week (during drama's "hell week" & cross country track for my 1 son & on weeks when he's visiting colleges on Saturdays for my other son)  and they have almost non-existement paychecks. This way they know their bills are always covered and they have money for gas.

RaiderMommy
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Usually my son saves it until he has enough to buy a video game or contribute to one of his architectural drafting/home design computer programs.

My daughter saves hers for the most part. She will buy little knick knacks and things she sees and likes from time to time. 

My_4_cuties_08
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Clothes and hair color. 

parrishsky
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM

My college student - on going out to eat and video games.

My middle son - on sushi with friends or music equipment.

My daughter - on hair color, clothes and last night she asked permission to get colored contacts for fun.

Lisa0626
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Okay, my teen sister 19, will use all her extra money on ordering out ( Food) with her friends! Too, much. You would think she would save a little.

JoyandLove
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Junk food and clothes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)