Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

What school activities are your kids involved in?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

Both my stepdaughters are in band and they both love it. My youngest also helps with tutoring other kids.

by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBIRDSLADIE
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:10 PM

My oldest is part of ROTC and commands the color guard  and my youngest is involved with the Century 21 program.

tracylynnr67
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM

My sons are both Seniors and they are pretty active in school activities.

My 19yo plays football (which he's been playing since the 7th grade and played for 3 years before that as a Pee Wee), is on the track team (cross country and regular track where he's a distance runner and does the 1 and 2 miles) & is in his 6th season of regular track and 1st for cross country, is in drama (6th year) which produces 2 plays a year & he's on the Student Council (2nd year) and is in S.A.D.D. which (students against destructive decisions) which he's been in since the 9th grade.

My almost 18yo  plays football (which he's been playing for as long as his brother), will be doing track for the 3rd season (7th, 11th and 12th grades), does Power Lifting (this will be his 2nd year), is on the Student Council (2nd year) and is S.A.D.D. (which he's been in since the 9th grade). He played baseball for 8th grade, 9th grade and 10th grade but switched back to track last year.

It's a lot going on and on top of all of that they also work pt (weekends only during the school year and a little more on school breaks). We watch their grades and if we saw anything slipping we'd have them cut back on something. They both maintain very good grades (17yo finished last year with a 4.0 and has 3.7 ccumulative and 19yo finished last year with a 3.2 and has a 3.0 cumulative) though so we are okay with them doing what they do.

RaiderMommy
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM

My son is the Treasurer for the schools FFA chapter. He also joined the Go Green club at school.He is also a member of CSF. In the winter he wrestles and is thinking about trying out for the tennis team.

My daughter is looking into tutoring other kids at her school in Math.  

shoch_22
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM

My daughter plays bassoon in band, she's in guard for marching band, 4-H, Girl Scouts, & Spell bowl,

Bczican
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Well, these aren't technically activities AT school.. but...

My 7 year old is currently involved in tae kwon do and football.  Tae kwon do is a year round thing, football is just a seasonal thing.  He also plays baseball and basketball during the appropriate seasons.

My 12 year old absolutely LOVES tennis, so we had her in a tennis group over the summer. They don't offer it at the school, though.

My 15 year old is involved in a dance company for 9 months out of the year.  She tried gymnastics for awhile, and will be doing LaCrosse at school in the fall.  Next year, she wants to try out for the powder puff football team! Ha! Ha!  And she will be trying out for the cheerleading squad in the spring.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM

This year my dd is in chorus (regular class in the school). She has signed up to try out for County chorus (Top student singers from all area school districts. She did this in 8th but didn't participate in chorus in 9th grade). In drama, she is planning to try out for a part in the musical (They are doing Grease this year). She says she might try out for wrestling cheer leading or dance squad but isn't positive about either yet.  

luvschocolate
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM

not much since thry took sports out of themiddle schools.  He does play footyball but it's for a private club, thry do have intermural sports but they  conflict with his outside activities.

PortiaCat
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 4:25 PM

My daughter is in dance outside of school, and she is on the high school dance team. She does forensics and recently joined the art club and the international/world languages club.

grace2joy
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 5:03 PM

My oldest is involved in orchestra and chorus.

aunt_shel
by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM

My oldest just quit football and is not doing anything at the moment.

my youngest is into 2 football teams and honor and jazz band. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN