Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Anyone else have a 14 year old dd that just does ODD things sometimes?

Posted by   + Show Post

My dd just baffles me sometimes! The first oddity is her attitude! She can turn it off and on like a light switch! And when she gets mad she fires off the wall remarks that make no sense at all..I guess to turn the spotlight off of her...

She will be a freshman this year, and I hope she outgrows the junior high stuff! She is a beautiful , smart girl, that thinks she is fat and ugly...she doesn't mind going out in public with a dirty pantleg or a shirt she wore yesterday (or probably to bed! She sleeps in her clothes most of the time! ewww...)  ...and of course all black clothes if possible! The latest 'oddity'..she wanted contacts ..her vision is worse than mine, so I know she can't see well....so , we got them for her! Now we don't want to wear them...they hurt, they burn, and every other excuse in the book. Took her to the eye dr. yesterday to see if there was a problem. Nope. Got her home, had her throw a 'fresh' pair of contacts in before we went to the movies. She could see everything...I tested her on the way there. She's now away for the weekend but didn't take them with her...ugh...Just took her clean laundry in to put it away..and there is the Right eye contact...UNOPENED!! WHAT?? That would mean she wore ONE contact to the movie theater?? Ahhhh...She's driving me crazy!!! Anyone else wanna share??

by on Sep. 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-13):
ohmommamia
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I think all teens are odd.  I have a 14 year old son and he can be strange when he wants tob.  I have a 17 year old daughter and she is just coming out of the odd stage, but it flares up sometimes.

DogsMom
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I am not trying to pick on any "group" or beliefs, or anything else here, but the wearing all black talk bothers me. Speaking from experience here.  If you let your kids go goth, with the clothes and the hair and the STRANGE make-up  (OK, a little bit of opinion there)

be sure you know who her friends are and  what new things they are trying.  Kids I have had personal experience with who go that route are often easily influenced by others ( as are most teenagers trying to fit in)  and can get in deeper than they can handle.  Do your best to keep the lines of communication open.  You may have to go as far as telling her about some not so great decisions you made at that age and how you regret it.

JennyMarie
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM

My 14 yr old son drives me looney. He can be real sweet and nice and then turn into a raving lunatic the next.  I think it is normall because all of his friends moms are tellign me the same thing about theirs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN