Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

HIGHSCHOOL GRADES AND HOMEWORK IN MATH

I can not get my 15 yr old (SOPHOMORE)to realize how important his grades are in high school.  For the most part he does have good grades but believes his homework is NOT important. He has to have a 3.0 grade pt avg to remain on the schools Hockey team.  His response to that is "Oh I will I have honors classes that make up for my bad grade in other classes"  Yah they do but I still expect good grades.  I have told him I can respect a not so good grade if you were doing the homework and getting bad scores but his bad grade is because he refuses to do his math homework so his grade is bad because his in class work/tests he does very well.  How do I get him to do his homework in math..I have taken stuff away from him,no games,no computer, no TV, does not matter he still does not do his math.

HELP!!!

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 6:01 PM
Replies (11-11):
3boyz1princess
by on Sep. 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Quoting Buggy979:

Personally my opinion only but you need to let him fail/fall momma. If he gets a bad grade in math that drops his gpa then he doesn't get to play hockey they will kick him off. After that happens all you have to do is say told you so! Really Teenagers are just a pain when it comes to school and other things they now it all so letting them fail or fall sometimes can open there eyes.  Life is not waiting for them they have to follow rules just like everyone else. Good luck

I agree let him fail but the sad thing is he can still fail his math class and remain on the hockey team because of his honors classes they make his GPA at least a 3.0 which he needs to play.  I know he can do the math work I see his grade from the stuff he does in class he is just lazy when it comes to the math homework. UGGGGG MAKES ME CRAZY.. He faied is last semester of math his freshman year and then had to go to summer school and his response was wow I can go to summer school for 10 days and get my full semester credit...My mom always said "I hope you have kids just like you"  well I did when it comes to school with him..

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)