Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

TEXTING DRIVING ME NUTS

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do your kids text you from with in the house to ask you a question instead of walking downstairs or outside to ask you.  My daughter does it all the time and it drives me crazy...

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3boyz1princess
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 11:35 PM

my daughter is the only one?  lol

suej27
by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 11:56 PM

mine doesn't do that, but she does something that I just don't get.  today for example, she's at Universal Studios with her BFF, she calls me, for absolutely no reason at all.  she just said "hey mom, just wanted to check on you, so, what's going on?".  she always does this, she'll call for no reason, just to say hi.  it's like she's acting as if she's new with the whole cell phone thing even though she's had one since 4th grade (she's in 7th now) so I just don't understand.

tracylynnr67
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 12:04 AM

The only time my teens text me are when they are out and they have called me and can't get ahold of me. My teens don't spend much time in their rooms when they're home, they're usually right here in the living room or at the kitchen table which is about 10 feet from my desk. If they did they'd probably text me from them though.

3boyz1princess
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Quoting suej27:

mine doesn't do that, but she does something that I just don't get.  today for example, she's at Universal Studios with her BFF, she calls me, for absolutely no reason at all.  she just said "hey mom, just wanted to check on you, so, what's going on?".  she always does this, she'll call for no reason, just to say hi.  it's like she's acting as if she's new with the whole cell phone thing even though she's had one since 4th grade (she's in 7th now) so I just don't underst

That kinda sounds cute its like shes playing the mother roll...Yah my daughter has had a cell phone since she was 8yr old and she is now 13yr.  She just loves to text in the month of Feb she has over 24,000 texts good thing we have unlimited..lol

DogsMom
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 1:17 AM

not big texters. He wouldn't get an answer anyhow. I'd make him do it face to face.

PhillyinFrance
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I agree with PP.  I'm pretty tolerant of texting, but I have my limits and I wouldn't do anything she asks by text while she is at home and can otherwise ask you!    That sounds like a pretty easy problem to solve - if you allow it, then don't complain.

bam920
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Too Funny!

Lisa0626
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM

OMG, my sister and her friends do this all the time. Is it not just the laziest? She will text me from her bedroom. ha ha too much.

Evanmak0094
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 11:44 AM

My son is always texting!  But he doesn't do that because I rarely can hear my

phone ringing or when I get a text, so it would be pointless for him to text me from

his room! Ha ha!  He is constantly texting his friends however when he's supposed to be hurrying to get ready for school in the morning!  Makes me nuts!

momof2bio72step
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Just reply back come here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)