Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Do your kids text you from with in the house to ask you a question instead of walking downstairs or outside to ask you.  My daughter does it all the time and it drives me crazy...

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

by on Sep. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Replies (11-18):
3boyz1princess
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Quoting PhillyinFrance:

I agree with PP.  I'm pretty tolerant of texting, but I have my limits and I wouldn't do anything she asks by text while she is at home and can otherwise ask you!    That sounds like a pretty easy problem to solve - if you allow it, then don't complain.

Oh I don't answer her she will come out and say did you get my text and i say ya but you have legs so come out here and ask me.  The only thing I will respond to is when she will ask from the bathroom for toliet paper to me thats a legit text.

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

JoyandLove
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Yes they do and it is annoying.   

marisab
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 11:49 PM

No my kids dont but my niece does

csjoy1
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 3:15 AM

TEXTING....UNTIL I LOST COMMUNICATION WITH MY SON, BECAUSE I RATHER TALK OR DO FACE TO FACE, AND UNTIL RECENTLY GETTING OUR COMMUNICATION BACK, I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE TEXTING.   ONE THING THAT GETS TO HIM IS THAT I TEXT LOTS OF QUESTIONS, AND OR PUT IN LOTS OF ADDED DETAILS, AND WHAT ENDS UP HAPPENING HE CALLS OR SHOWS UP, I GUESS CAUSE IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL TO ME ANY LONGER.   MAYBE MOM, JUST CHILL,  SHE MAY BE DOING IT JUST TO GET YOUR EDGE OUT OF SHAPE.   GIVE HER A DOSE OF HER OWN MEDICINE AND SEE JUST WHAT MAY HAPPEN?  THINK OF THIS ....NO MORE WHINNING.   WOW WHAT A CONCEPT?  BUT GO AHEAD AND TEXT WHINNING HER, MAKE IT A GAME...WITH YOU IN THE CONTROL SEAT.  HAVE FUN, CAUSE SOMEDAY THEY JUST GROW UP AND LEAVE HOME, NO CALLS, ETC....TEXT YOU CAN SAVE AND KEEP FOREVER.   JUST A THOUGHT!!!! CSJOY1

onecuteladybug2
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 4:52 AM

No texting is allowed inside the house.

glitterbelle
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM

my kids do that all the time they text each other from there rooms too but thier father will call the house phone  from his cell phone when hes in the bedroom and Im in the living room=)

treky
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 9:29 PM

no im the one usually textn my oldest and ive screamed about 10 times and seemed to not hear me!!!!!!!

marzbar
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:09 PM

ugh, I'm in the same boat.  I swear my son has very selective or is incredibly deaf from the rock band he plays.  He tries texting me from his room but I make him come to me to get an answer. 

Quoting treky:

no im the one usually textn my oldest and ive screamed about 10 times and seemed to not hear me!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN