Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

Any Styles Back "IN" From Your School Years???

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM
  • 14 Replies

it's always something coming "back in"............right now the style of the skinny jeans and the converse sneakers.....they were in when i started  high school......and I'm noticing  a lot  of neon color combos again......which were also the 'thing' when I was in school.

Really hope the big curly teased 80's hair doesn't make a comeback!

by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wyndi
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I'm seeing stirup pants and leggings with oversized t-shirts. Lots of plaid with ruffles.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign
Kris265
by on Sep. 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM

My husband was looking through his yearbook the other night..I got out mine and was stunned. Styles are truly across the nation! I grew up in a small town in AK and he in a smaller town in EOregon. If you didn't look at the names, the faces and hair were all the same!!!!!

And I walked into a store the other day and saw a whole rack of those "life preserver' vests we wore in the 80's. Of course, mine is down filled and as my son said these are probably filled with some fake poly filling made in china. But, it was a Back to the Future moment!

damira
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM

neon, plaid, leggings.

i wonder if they'll bring back the scrunch socks you wear two at a time. (two different neon colors that is)

summerdayz
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I haven't noticed anything specific this year, but I hope the huge hair never comes back. That was soooooooo bad !!! LOL !

Summer      

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:57 AM

The only thing I've really noticed is leggings. Especially when worn under a mini skirt.

30something88
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I have noticed that Jelly Shoes are back

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Sep. 7, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quoting summerdayz:

I haven't noticed anything specific this year, but I hope the huge hair never comes back. That was soooooooo bad !!! LOL !

Oh yes crispy bangs and a spiral perm.LOL

sapphiresoda
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:35 PM

It seems like most of the 80's styles are back, which is kind of horrifying and amusing at the same time.

ittikay37
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I've noticed that the leggings are back in style. Also plaid shirts have been popping up again.

busykids
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM

yep, i am seeing that a lot too.

Quoting Wyndi:

I'm seeing stirup pants and leggings with oversized t-shirts. Lots of plaid with ruffles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)