Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The girls are on a health kick.

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 9 Replies

Is it me, or has anyone noticed that teenage girls will want to be healthier than boys. My sister and her friends are on this health kick, I asked them if they would take that hot dog challenge, they said, " well maybe a turkey dog!." Ha ha Ha, with a whole wheat bun! Too funny, I had to share it here. So, has anyone else seen this among teenage girls?

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2protectivemom
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Not at my house, not yet. 

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I don't have girls only boys.my sons are pretty healthy eaters. My youngest would live on salad with grilled chicken.

JoyandLove
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Yes I think it is because girls are more weight conscience .

ittikay37
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Both my DD's are concerned about what they eat, the fat amount, the calories, etc. My 6 boy's could have cared less. The boy's would eat anything but the girls are more aware of what the label's say. Must be a girl thing.

KatCh
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Not sure if it's only a girl thing...my 16 year old was chubby as a child and thinned out when he turned 14. Looking at him now, you'd never believe he was heavy. He tries to balance himself, because he loves food, so if he had salami for lunch one day, he'll have turkey the next. If he had McDonalds last week, he won't this week. He is a lot more active now, too, and that makes a huge difference. More power to the girls if they can do it, because I love hot dogs and only eat wheat bread with peanut butter for breakfast.

Tabatha42183
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I just gotta say atleast they're trying to maintain weight in a healthy fashion instead of turning to the eating disorders!!! Good for them!

rkoloms
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I think that it is fantastic that your daughters are interested in healthy eating! Around age ten, some of my daughter's friends became vegetarian (we are a veg family).

It is always a bit odd to me when parents worry that they children will not get proper nutrition when they start eating healthier.

If you need some great nutrition resources or healthy recipes, please let me know. 

Robin in Chicago

onecuteladybug2
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 5:20 AM

Mine is getting more picky now...

damira
by on Sep. 10, 2009 at 7:07 PM

yeah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)