Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Teens Moms with Teens

do your teens take long showers ?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 6:21 AM
  • 23 Replies

3 teens and all 3 take about 20 min showers , so now i am forced to put a 7 min shower rule , these $300 water bills are getting to be to much .

angiebooboo

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
backroadsmom
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Oh girl... I have been having this problem for sooo long! It is a constant thorn in my side, this shower thing. I have put in rules, taken them out, refused to allow a shower for a short period of time, and more. They still take long showers. I am constantly banging on the door to tell them to "hurry up!" I think if I ever move, I'm going to put the water bill in one of their names! Seems the only way they'll ever get it is when they have to be responsible for their own water payment! Grrr.

devil

PS: As I write, my 17 yr old just got in the shower. Let the timer begin!

UPDATE: I just knocked on the door, AGAIN... and he shut the shower off.  12 minutes. But only if I watch and listen.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Sometimes but 7-10min is about how long! It varies though! I was like that with my DD the other day she was just in the forever!!!

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:52 AM

UGH!  YES!  I have 17 yo twin boys.  One is fairly quick.  The other would take all night if you let him.  So, The quicker one always showers first.  Then, when the other gets in, a timer is set at 10 minutes.  When time is up, his brother is pounding on the door relentlessly till he gets out.  He knows if he doesn't get out - mom is the next at the door.  And, I won't settle for just pounding on the door.  I know how to operate a bathroom lock!  LOL.

myfoursonsks
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 4:21 PM

My oldest son has the worst habit ever.  He takes a shower and washes really well and then he plugs the tub up and fills the bathtub up with water and soaks forever...lol.  I have no clue why he does that...I am not sure I want to know.  All I know is after his shower, he relaxes in the bathtub for a long time before he gets out.

vickieb310
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Geez, I'm thrilled if my oldest daughter is out of the shower in under 30 minutes! lol  She shares a room with her sister so I think she uses the shower to have a bit of privacy as well. 

momof2bio72step
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM

We have a 10-15 min rule that 17 yr old sd likes to break. Especially if we are not home. Just the other night she got caught in a 40 min shower. We have treatened to turn the hot water off after 15 mins.

millerranch2003
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 10:05 AM

my oldest takes forever, but the youngest who is 14 thinks that the water is like acid, I think.  He showers after football practice, but gee wiz how well is he actually washing.

ohmommamia
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I have known my son to stay in the shower for an hour if I get busy and don't tell him to get out.

luvschocolate
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I hear ya, they're in there for 20 min and still don't wash.  I don' t get it.

grace2joy
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM

about 10 - 15 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)