Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Personal Kaleb Fundraiser

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:13 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 506 Total Views
I have sent an email about getting a fundraiser approved, but I have not recieved a reply yet, as I just sent it today, but I started on the fundraiser anyway.... I am selling blue (child abuses) awareness necklaces and bracelets with all proceeds going to Kaleb and his family. I am also donating all of my Avon online order profits to the family. Please visit my MySpace page for details. I am currently selling the bracelets and necklaces on ebay, but I will be setting it up on myspace shortly.
The page is www.myspace.com/avonfundraisers
My thoughts and prayers are will Kaleb! I cannot get him out of my mind! He will pull through. I have faith!
Courtney
Mom to Devyn, 15 months, and Samantha, 3 months
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BooBear21
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:29 PM
Don't forget all the other children and families who have suffered.
8sweetpea
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:33 PM

Quoting BooBear21:

ditto, that's what this group is about. ALL victims of SBS.
I have donated to funds that reach out to all children for a variety of causes. I feel like I help more children/families that way:)
BooBear21
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Quoting 8sweetpea:

Quoting BooBear21:

Thank you sweetpea! I mean...that's great and all to help Kaleb's family, but there's sooo many fundraisers and donations being made to them...there are other victims we need to help and remember and that's why I created this group. If someone wants to only help one specific child, then go to their personal support group. We all know there's plenty of them on cafemom.
mommy2boys0406
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Quoting BooBear21:

Quoting 8sweetpea:

Quoting BooBear21:

Thank you sweetpea! I mean...that's great and all to help Kaleb's family, but there's sooo many fundraisers and donations being made to them...there are other victims we need to help and remember and that's why I created this group. If someone wants to only help one specific child, then go to their personal support group. We all know there's plenty of them on cafemom.
I agree completely!! Last time I checked there is 19 support groups for Kaleb. I want to help everyone including Kaleb. That's why I am here.
march_mommycsw
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2007 at 1:36 AM
I am not just supporting Kaleb. My myspace page is for fundraisers of all types. The awareness bracelets are for child abuse in general. I, personally am a victim of child abuse, so this topic hits close to home. Please post links to others that need the fundraising, Kaleb just seems to be one that need the help right now. If you would like to purchase an awareness item, and would like the proceeds to go to another cause, please go to the page and notate with payment where you would like the proceeds sent.
I just want to help the cause...if it came off that I am only interested in helping Kaleb....
Thank you

Courtney Visit my fundraiser for Kaleb: www.myspace.com/avonfundraisers You can either purchase Avon items with the proceeds going to the family, or I am offering awareness jewelry. The more people to make a jewelry purchase, the more money that goes to the family! Please help support the family by passing on the link to the fundraisers. Thank you Mom to Devyn, 15 months, and Samantha, 3 months Avon Independent Sales Representative
astarr1015
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Quoting BooBear21:

i agree here not to sound rude but i think that family has had their fair share of donations. kaleb is in myheart and i will pray for him.  But there are so many familys that have recived squat. with the same problem.  look at that little girl this JUST  happend he was kicked and shaken  why are we not helping her poor 16 year old mother why is all the focus on keleb.   I may get kicked out for this comment but it rather sickens me to see kristy with a made up face and a big smile in front of all her gifts.@@ and how she had to go to the post office and risk being late to a major medical procedure whats number one here?
8sweetpea
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 10:12 AM
You know what, I agree. There is a mom here on CM who's 3 month old got kicked repeatedly by her husband. A fellow CM put it out there and though it was viewed 300 times there were only 20 replies! Why don't we support her?! For god's sake her husband admits he did it so we wouldn't have to post over and over again the question if he did it or not and we could focus on sending her our love. Everyone blames the babysitter (Kaleb's case) and I am not saying Kristy or anyone specifically did it but everyone is so anxious to condemn the babysitter to hell without knowing anything. Whatever..I am sorry for Kaleb but I am sick of the narrow-minded people who get so focused on one thing and ignore the whole picture. The first Kaleb group was suppose to be for all children but I left it because it was only about Kaleb and any other child mentioned was ignored. It was sad. I left and quickly joined this group. Unfortunately I haven't checked this group often enough but will try to improve!
If anyone is interested I will look up the CM who's 3 month old is in danger. I believe the little sweetheart's name is Evelynn.
8sweetpea
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Quoting BooBear21:

Quoting 8sweetpea:

Quoting BooBear21:

There are way too many single groups-To be honest I am jealous, jealous for all the other children who are being ignored. So many women here say they are fighting the cause but they are not when they are buying one child's parents a new van, a computer, name a star after the one child. Yes they are supporting the child but not the cause. Gee, maybe I should vent on all my groups and see where everyone stands on the matter...no wait, I don't want hate mail;p
8sweetpea
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Quoting march_mommycsw:

I am not just supporting Kaleb. My myspace page is for fundraisers of all types. The awareness bracelets are for child abuse in general. I, personally am a victim of child abuse, so this topic hits close to home. Please post links to others that need the fundraising, Kaleb just seems to be one that need the help right now. If you would like to purchase an awareness item, and would like the proceeds to go to another cause, please go to the page and notate with payment where you would like the proceeds sent.
I just want to help the cause...if it came off that I am only interested in helping Kaleb....
Thank you

Courtney Visit my fundraiser for Kaleb: www.myspace.com/avonfundraisers You can either purchase Avon items with the proceeds going to the family, or I am offering awareness jewelry. The more people to make a jewelry purchase, the more money that goes to the family! Please help support the family by passing on the link to the fundraisers. Thank you Mom to Devyn, 15 months, and Samantha, 3 months Avon Independent Sales Representative
Honey I think that it's great you are donating and all but you first statement did say all proceeds would go to Kaleb and his family so I think that is what bothered the few of us who replied.  That's great that you have fundraisers, do you know any CM who might need some help?

8sweetpea
by on Jun. 28, 2007 at 10:57 AM
MOTHER'S PLEA FOR HELP... Further Information on How You Can Help a Fellow Cafemom In Need!!!
  • 1 Comment(s)
  • 19 Total Views

This Mother is a fellow Cafemom.  She is known as YoungMILF here.  The following articles are ways that we can help.  Her baby Evelynn is suffering from SBS.  The father has admitted to shaking their child.  Please review the articles and help in any way that you can.  Thanks for your time.

Blood donations needed for baby Evelynn..........for anyone in New York/New Jersey...within driving distance of Stonybrook, NY

• 7 Comment(s)
  • 161 Total Views

The hospital is asking for blood donations for Evelynn Biondo, the almost 3 month old baby who was beaten by her father and who is currently in critical condition. Her blood type is O+ .Anyone wishing to donate blood can contact the blood bank at Stony Brook Hospital.....(631) 444-DONATE (631-444-3662)  or by email @ Jennifer.Peace@stonybrook.edu . The hospital is located in Stonybrook, NY.

Stony Brook University Medical Center Blood Bank is open 6 days a week as follows:

Monday-Friday      7:45am-8pm
Saturday                 8:45am-4pm

Appointments are available on Weekdays, Weeknights, and Saturday mornings.

And if you cannot donate for baby Evelynn...donate for someone who needs your help!!!!

Anyone interested can view the news articles related to bayb Evelynn's tragic story by going to http://www.newsday.com/ and typing in the last name Biondo. Her mom's MySpace page URL is http://www.myspace.com/chiefguinea and she is also a CafeMom member and her Cafe Mom page is http://www.cafemom.com/home/YoungMILF

Note...I do NOT normally ask for anyone to vote for my posts....please vote to make this popular so that the word can be spread. Copy and paste this info. in to your journals...in to any group you belong to...PLEASE get this passed around.

News Articles below:

As infant struggles, Mom asks for prayer

BY CHRISTINE ARMARIO
christine.armario@newsday.com

June 26, 2007, 11:41 PM EDT

The tiny Mastic girl beaten by her father after she wouldn't stop crying remained in critical condition yesterday, as her mother extended a heartfelt thanks to everyone working .toward her recovery.

"As I sit by the bedside of the life I brought into this world as a healthy 9-pounder and see all these medical instruments helping her as she fights, it makes me strong knowing that there are others being strong for her too," Alicia Biondo, 16, said in a note released by Stony Brook University Medical .Center.

"I am deeply touched by all the support from everyone in the community," she said.

Joshua Cohen, 20, of Mastic, the 11-week-old's father and Biondo's boyfriend, has been charged with kicking and shaking Evelynn on Sunday until she had difficulty breathing. Cohen was arraigned on Monday and remained in custody yesterday at the Suffolk County jail.

Hospital officials said the infant is experiencing persistent seizures and is on a mechanical ventilator and a feeding tube. Tuesday afternoon, doctors were planning to medicate her to induce a coma and "give her brain time to heal."

"My beautiful angel, Evelynn, is fighting hard," Biondo wrote in her statement.

"Yesterday as I saw her seize, I went to her and touched her leg to let her know mommy is here and the nurse said 'she stopped,'" Biondo wrote. "It brought a big smile to my face to know mommy can still be the one to make her better."

Biondo and Cohen had dated for about a year and met at Mastic High School, according to her family. The family and police said there was no history of child abuse, though Biondo's father said his daughter had warned her boyfriend against shaking the child once before.

"I think it was just a matter of him being so young and not being able to handle the circumstances," Anthony Biondo said.

Alicia Biondo asked for the community's support in the critical days ahead. "Please continue to keep my angel in your prayers," she wrote.

Copyright 2007 Newsday Inc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)