Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Laws help with unschoolers in AR.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:00 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 454 Total Views
I have just recieved my homeschoolers alliance newsletter and starting in 2008, the standardized tests required of AR homeschoolers will only test on english/reading and mathmatics.  This is great news for unschoolers.  Now we will no longer have to worry that the government is going to come down on us because our children are history whizes but not at "grade level" in science.  I think this is wonderful.

Lots of Love from Jeni and Jezi
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommakat29
by Group Owner on Sep. 12, 2007 at 8:58 PM
Hey cool! Thanks for posting this! I guess I should be checking my own group out more often! I have been worrying about these stupid tests for awhile, now I can relax a bit!

Peace is contagious. Seemingly innocuous scattered outbreaks can spark a chain
reaction leading to a world-wide epidemic of cataclysmic proportions. - John Price

jamddp6
by on Sep. 16, 2007 at 11:10 AM

I wish they had no involvement in our kids lives & we did not have to test. My boys have always been behind their "assigned" grade level & I'm sure they're public school test scores will support that. They get so nervous about those tests too. But since they are involved, I am happy that they have only the two subjects now instead of 3 days worth of testing. So for that I should be grateful eh?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)