Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ack! Skin Vent!

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

Okay, so I have some weird skin condition that's either an autoimmune disorder or multiple chemical sensitivity, the doctors don't really know what the heck it is even after biopsies and years of trying to diagnose and treat me "properly".  Steroids gave me a mustache and had me reallyreally wanting to go out barfighting and didn't do a damn thing.  The only thing that's ever worked at all is a concoction I made after tons of research that contains a hydrophilic moisturizing agent, Magnesium Ascorbyl Sulfate (an adjunct of L-Ascorbic Acid) hyaluronic acid, rosehip seed oil and olive squalane (lipophillic moisturizers) a collection of antioxidants such as pomegranete seed oil and astaxanthin, all in a mineral-ol-free base cream.  I'd gotten to the point where I'd managed to completely heal up all the lesions, even the ones on my knees and elbows that have been there for YEARS and now, even though the skin's healed up, my knees keep ITCHING!  It's like tiny forks poking me and I'd like to take a BIG fork and just shred them.  It's really frustrating; I just needed to vent a bit.

by on May. 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
beckcorc
by on May. 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Wow, that's amazing that you were able to come up with a cure on your own.  I did that  last summer when I had PUPPPS.  It's a rash that occurs during pregnancy (I mentioned this in the poison ivy post previously so sorry for repeating myself).  I found out that the rash was caused by male DNA and hormones in women having boys.  Knowing that the liver is the part of the body that filters out excess hormones and that I had been previously diagnosed with mild anemia I decided to all things liver health.  I got Rx strength iron supplements and made sure I ate all foods that help the liver and low and behold my rash went away!  The only "known" cure for Puppps is to not be pregnant any more, but I beat it while pregnant! 

For your knees, try to ice them.  That might numb the forky feeling you are having!

Again, good for you for creating your own cure! 

violaswamp
by Group Admin on May. 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM

I STILL have poison ivy it has been so hard to get rid of it : (

Can I have some of your concoction? That sucks that the doctors don't know what is going on with you. I would hate that because how can you know what to do to treat it? It sucks when you keep going back and they keep telling you we just can't figure it out. Trust me been there.

I have been using becks suggestion of putting something cool on my poison ivy when it itches so bad I can't stand it. It really does work.

beckcorc
by on May. 24, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Edna glad to hear the cold had been helping!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)