Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of YOUR frugal tips?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 54 Replies
  • 1424 Total Views

Share with us!!

by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bncholbert
by on Oct. 5, 2011 at 10:02 PM
During winter season I tend to buy shirts that have the short sleeve and then the long sleeve built in, then when spring comes around and warmer weather is here I fold up the short sleeve to get under it and snip off the long sleeves, no one can tell it was cut and it saves on money not having to buy a ton of new clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kquad
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I try not to take my kids shopping with me. They add lots to the cart. It's cheaper to just ask for their list ahead of time... :)

rnavidal
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Oh wow this is a good one cuz come winter my son usually grows out of his cloths and needs new ones

Quoting Bncholbert:

During winter season I tend to buy shirts that have the short sleeve and then the long sleeve built in, then when spring comes around and warmer weather is here I fold up the short sleeve to get under it and snip off the long sleeves, no one can tell it was cut and it saves on money not having to buy a ton of new clothes

charla_r
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM

-I try to buy clothes for my daughter from consignment sales.  She gets nice new clothes and I save money instead of buying everything new.

-Meal plan and always shop with a list.

-Make as much as you can from scratch instead of buying pre-made/pre-packaged foods.

-I use vinegar/baking soda to clean lots of things around the house instead of cleansers with harsh chemicals. 

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I buy whole chicken instead of the split breast I used to.. Our chicken prices in TN have gone WAY up. Im talking like $8.00 for a bag of Store Brand frozen chicken..

I cook the whole thing, debone it myself & use it to make diffrent meals through the week. You can also freeze the broth, it makes great chicken stock.. Saves my family 50% at least on that price.

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:48 AM

I grow a vegetable garden & freeze tomatoes and peppers to use in the off season.

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I keep my old Starbucks coffee bags  in the car, whenever I want coffee I can trade them in for a FREE venti @ Starbucks..

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I cut old candles up & burn them in a wax burner, so I dont have to buy the wax cubes at $4 a pop.

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Use Promo codes on online card stores to get free cards + free shipping for upcoming birthdays, births, holidays.. Saves Alot 

reillersmm
by on Oct. 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Save old gift bags & tissue to use for gifts for others..Store in a flat tubberware under the bed to keep them looking fresh & new-

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN