Door Stop Monster
Cheap crafts don't have to look, well, cheap! Make a fun and whimsical Door Stop Monster from Hand Make My Day - it's a great way to get a conversation going and spook your guests. Use a microfiber mitt to create the monster and add embellishments to bring it to life.
- Microfiber mitt
- Food container with lid. It should be just about the size of your mitt.
- Rocks or sand. Found in the crafts section or decor section.
- Ping pong balls
- Permanent marker. I used Bic fine tip black.
- Pipe cleaner
- Hot Glue and hot glue gun
- Plastic bag (the one time you’ll actually want to leave the reusable bag at home)
- Snip two holes at the top of the mitt and insert your pipe cleaner antenna.
- Cut elastic band away from mitt.
- Hot glue elastic to bottom of plastic container.
- Stuff plastic bag at the top of the mitt.
- Fill container with rocks or sand and close tightly (using glue if it seems it’s going to pop off).
- Stretch mitt over the container stopping where the mitt slightly overlaps the elastic and the plastic filled head seems full. Glue in place.
- Use permanent markers on ping pong balls to make eyeballs.
- Hot glue ping pong balls to monster.
- You may not need to cut off elastic or if you do you may not need to glue it to the container. Pick a container that looks around the same size and shape of the mitt. If you are not afraid of a needle and thread you could alternatively just fill up the mitt with rocks and sew it shut. Your monster will slouch a bit more without the rigidness of the food container but a frumpy monster could be cute too! Buttons would be a really fun addition to this little guy in place of his bulging ping pong ball eyes