You can have ooey, gooey mac and cheese on your dinner table in just 30 minutes thanks to an extra creamy, cheesy Recipe Starters sauce.
TOTAL TIME 30 Min
- cups uncooked penne pasta (10 oz)
- can (18 oz) ProgressoTM Recipe StartersTM creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- cup milk
- teaspoon chopped garlic in water (from 4.5-oz jar) or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2
- cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- oz American cheese loaf, shredded (1/2 cup)
- bag (2.5 oz) cooked real bacon pieces or bits
- cup diced red bell pepper, if desired
- Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2 Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat cooking sauce, milk and garlic to boiling. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta, bacon and bell pepper. Spoon into casserole.
- 3 Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.