Honey Sesame Crock Pot Chicken
- 2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Lightly season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, and place into your crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour mixture over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot, but reserve sauce in the pot. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace the lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Shred chicken into bite size pieces. Serve chicken over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.