Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 ways to Get Organized

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 139 Total Views

Get Organized

by Crystal on November 08, 2013

7-Ways-Being-Organized-Will-Save-You-Money

It might sound ridiculously simple — and it is! But it’s true: being organized will save you money. In fact, it could save you at least a few hundred dollars (or more!) per year. Here are 7 ways being organized saves you money:

1. You can plan a weekly menu.

By planning a menu, you won’t be scrambling to figure out something for dinner at the last minute. This saves you time, sanity and countless unnecessary trips through the drive-thru lane.

2. You can buy gifts ahead of time.

When you find a great deal online or in-store, you’ll be able to take advantage of it for an upcoming birthday or holiday, instead of waiting until crunch time and having to buy something at full price. As an added benefit, you’ll likely be able to put more time and thought into a meaningful gift rather than just throwing something together at the last minute.

3. You’ll have the time to clip and organize coupons.

When you plan ahead, you’ll have time to print coupons for things you’re already planning to buy. Or even to match coupons to items that are already at rock-bottom prices at your local store.

4. You can buy in bulk.

If you’re organized, you’ll be able to take the time and effort to buy extras of items when they are free or at rock-bottom prices. You’ll also know what you have on hand already and how much you regularly use of items you buy.

5. You’ll avoid late fees.

When you have your life in order, you’re much more likely to pay bills on time, return books to the library before they are due. It’s amazing how much this can save in late fees and library fines!

6. You can find what you own.

Having a place for everything and keeping everything in their place saves you a lot of time looking for lost items, plus it prevents you from spending money to replace items you can’t find.

7. You’ll remember to call and ask for discounts.

When you’re organized, you’ll have time to call and try to re-negotiate fixed rate bills annually. Things like internet and phone packages are often negotiable — and we’ve saved hundreds of dollars over the years by calling once a year to ask if they have a better rate they can give us.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninamsi
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I called and lowered my cell phone bill. Thanks for the information.
Kaci
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Thanks gal!
Kaci
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I do want that closet!
Kaci
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM
They will do that even being on a contract? That's great that you did!
aneela
by Neely in Texas on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

thats great they did that, what company?

Quoting ninamsi: I called and lowered my cell phone bill. Thanks for the information.

aneela
by Neely in Texas on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM

i dont know how often they do it...but seems sometimes they do

Quoting Kaci: They will do that even being on a contract? That's great that you did!

Kaci
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I will have to look at mine with Verizon. Thanks Aneela!

Quoting aneela:

i dont know how often they do it...but seems sometimes they do

Quoting Kaci: They will do that even being on a contract? That's great that you did!

ninamsi
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM
AT&T, Neither my dd or I have smart phones and my bill was just too high.

Quoting aneela:

thats great they did that, what company?

Quoting ninamsi: I called and lowered my cell phone bill. Thanks for the information.

ablackdolphin
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I need to call for discounts!!!!
ablackdolphin
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
thanks!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)