Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twilight

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

I didn't know what all of the Twilight hype was about so I decided to rent the movie when it came out on DVD (blu-ray..is the best way to watch it lol).  I totally fell in love with the story line and most definitely went ga-ga over the whole Edward Bella phenom so I went out and bought the boxed set of books.  I was immediately hooked. I mean seriously.  I read all 4 books and the first few chapters of Midnight Sun over a span of one weekend.  My husband thinks I am nuts....

Grant it the target audience is for Young Adults / Tweens (and I do still consider myself to be "young" at heart).. but I think every woman would agree that they need an "Edward" (...or even a Jacob) in their life don't you?  Someone who is chivalrous, a little old-fashioned -in the most romantic sense of the word, someone with hercules-size strength, gorgeous and would do anything for you.. yep, every woman's perfect man.

Anyways.. who is a Twi-nerd right along with me?  Hands up anyone?  What was your favorite part of the book or film? 

:-)

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justinejoy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I have yet to see or read any of the series!!  I am usually late for everything!!   LOL   I already decided that I want to read the books first - the books are always better!!!  We'll see how long it takes to get that done :) 

After reading this though, I kind of want to read them sooner rather than later!!  I LOVE getting sucked into a good book - and for a whole weekend!!  sounds relaxing! 

Justine butterfly on head  

MZeppenfeldt
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I also didn't know what all of the Twilight hype was about.  I bought the movie about a week after it came out and I also totally loved it! I as well fell in love with the story line instantly. Yes, I'm a romantic at heart. lol. No doubt ga-ga over Edward Bella!!! if I am this hooked just from watching the movie, I must get to the books! seriously.  We ARE still young! hehee. Oh and yes, I completely agree... every woman needs a litte "Edward" or even some "Jacob" in their life. *sigh*

Anywho.. I'll let ya know how much more I love it when I read the books. lol

xoxo, Your fellow Twi-nerd ; )

Jennfriend
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I am totally obsessed with the books. I only have a couple of chapters left in the last book, and I am so sad to see it end.

filledwluv
by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Ok Ok Ok, I have been sucked into all the hype. I have yet to start the books, but as soon as you get over here and drop it off for me to start, I will be right there with ya. LOL... Oh brother! 

~ Kristi  ~
Check out my blog  - Please feel free to stop by and leave a comment. 

http://followouradoption.blogspot.com or http://familythroughadoption.blogspot.com/

Join my group Foster / Adopt In California:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/38604

Alicia426
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I read all the books in a span of a week about 6 months ago. My husband makes fun of me but I love it!!

filledwluv
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Thanks Crystal for dropping off book #1. I will be starting it tonight!

~ Kristi  ~
Check out my blog  - Please feel free to stop by and leave a comment. 

http://followouradoption.blogspot.com or http://familythroughadoption.blogspot.com/

Join my group Foster / Adopt In California:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/38604

cindy1025
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM

My friend Destiny is totally obsessed with this and she got me totally hooked.  She made me buy the book and I was almost finished with it before it came out on DVD.  We went over to her friend's house and had Twilight party!  I swear....we had Edward's and Bella first meal, well Bella's of mushroom ravioli since Edward didn't eat.....it was insane the way we all dressed up AND had the soundtrack playing.  It was like we were teenagers again at 30.  That was the first time I saw the movie .....March 21st when it came out on DVD at her friend's house...the book is WAY BETTER but the movie is intriguing to see the passion take place.  I am pretty slow with reading the series...I have college full-time and 2 kids so I am only on New Moon but I have watched the movie now 8 times and my daughter who is 7 has seen it 6 times and loves it!  She says "this is my favorite part" on soooo many scenes....I love EDWARD and we all do need to have a man like that!  I wish she could read the book but she is not at that reading level yet.  READ THE BOOK FIRST THAN SEE THE MOVIE!!!!!!

kismet612
by Group Owner on Apr. 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM

The Twilight party sounded like lots of fun. hehe  Sophia loves watching the movie too.  When she watched the Nick Choice Awards she about screamed her little head off when she saw Taylor Lautner.  It was too funny.

Quoting cindy1025:

My friend Destiny is totally obsessed with this and she got me totally hooked.  She made me buy the book and I was almost finished with it before it came out on DVD.  We went over to her friend's house and had Twilight party!  I swear....we had Edward's and Bella first meal, well Bella's of mushroom ravioli since Edward didn't eat.....it was insane the way we all dressed up AND had the soundtrack playing.  It was like we were teenagers again at 30.  That was the first time I saw the movie .....March 21st when it came out on DVD at her friend's house...the book is WAY BETTER but the movie is intriguing to see the passion take place.  I am pretty slow with reading the series...I have college full-time and 2 kids so I am only on New Moon but I have watched the movie now 8 times and my daughter who is 7 has seen it 6 times and loves it!  She says "this is my favorite part" on soooo many scenes....I love EDWARD and we all do need to have a man like that!  I wish she could read the book but she is not at that reading level yet.  READ THE BOOK FIRST THAN SEE THE MOVIE!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)